Your Techniques For Trashy Tailing Piles

Paul

I carry the 7000 on a bungee in my right hand and a 800 in my left hand for discrimination. And they both act as canes when I stagger on the loose boulders. 

Discrimination works on the small shallow stuff.  Be prepared to move a lot of big boulders for deep big stuff like this.

Have a good day,
Chet

20200328_141559.jpg

• Like 6

Sadly not much helps with the big deep ferrous. If I had to pick a detector purely on its ferrous handling capability it would be the CTX 3030, but given the extra weight I’d still go Equinox myself. And the Nox is far better on tiny gold for those shallow bedrock areas than a CTX.

• Like 1

Come on Paul...

Didn't you learn anything when you were with me...

Best way to deal with trashy piles is jump on your bike/quad and go to the middle of nowhere where there is no trash!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Also helps maintain socal distancing at the moment😂

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Looking for tips on detecting tailing piles...

Shut the dozer off before detecting so you don't get interference from the alternator and avoid skidding one track to turn and you will shed less detectable steel off of the grousers. An excavator with a thumb may work better if there are large boulders.

Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, klunker said:

Shut the dozer off before detecting so you don't get interference from the alternator and avoid skidding one track to turn and you will shed less detectable steel off of the grousers. An excavator with a thumb may work better if there are large boulders.

Hope this helps.

it would except these tailings are in heavily wooded areas and are small piles that I have seen so far.. maybe later on the excavator

Excited because I ran into a prospector there who has a claim in the area I was reading about and had driven around-- he installs satellite systems and I will be picking his brain when i get up there this June.....

Looks like i iwll have to put off Australia until the hot.... thats OK tho--- less grey nomads around!!!!! 🤠

No Grey Nomads about, BB `s a genius put em all in isolation.

• Haha 1