3d Printable - Stackable - Modular Gold Sluice System V2

OK, so this time around, I have made things a LOT easier to work with, and expandability is key here.  Sure, it's not huge, but for a portable system, this should work great.

The key thing here is that I wanted a system that could be printed with little to no waste material, and yet have the structure and strength to hold up for a long time.  This is what I have come up with so far.  This will likely be my last design for this version.  I'm only tweaking a few dimensions here, as well as making new modules that can be added to it.

Features:

• Modules are 276mm long by 104mm wide, max height of 106mm
  • (virtually) unlimited stackability
  • Use modules in any order you want
  • Use whatever sluice mat you want (to a point)
  • Best used with a 5 gallon bucket (self-recirculating water system)

Current Modules:

• Feed hopper
  • Mat tray
  • Bottom Support

Key note here is that those modules, even with the tilt, print FLAT on a printer, and unless something drastic changes, will require NO supports.  That means nothing to clean up after the print is done.  Pull it off the printer, and use it right away!

The cutaway view shows you how it currently operates.  I did away with the "G-Force" drop whatever that the Gold Cube has.  I wanted better flow, and didn't think that part was completely necessary.  Some of those angles might change by the time the final version rolls around.  I am still waiting on my four 200GPH water pumps so I can physically test flow rates.

I know this is still very small compared to a lot of the others that you can shovel hundreds of pounds a day into, but this is meant more for fine cleanup or to run pre-classified material through, although this should be able to do a bit of classifying on it's own.

Also, as I design more modules, I might include a couple modules that will spray wash and classify before sending down the smaller material to be run over the mats.

I would also like to design a sort of trommel as one of the modules.  Would have to be geared to run off of some water pressure, so I don't have to include a motor and all the electronics and extra building parts that come with it.  This is one part that would have to be made from metal, as anything printed would get destroyed very quickly, so I'm still contemplating this one.  Remember, this system isn't meant to drop boulders into.  I'd say you can safely feed in no larger than 8-mesh material.  Depending on water flow, you might get away with 4-mesh, but I wouldn't count on it.

More info coming as I get more work done, and get a chance to print some physical models.

Bottom Support.jpg

Mat Tray.jpg

Feed Hopper Clear.jpg

Feed Hopper.jpg

Cross Section Example.jpg

Example Stack Clear.jpg

Example Stack.jpg

• Like 3

OK, so I added a feed hopper that takes 4x 16mm ID (19mm OD) hoses running off of a couple of 12V submersible pumps.  You don't have to use all the feed holes in the hopper, but you can if you want.

I'm headed back to my other house tonight to get my big 3D printer.  These won't print on my smaller one that I have here.  Once I get them printed, I will set up a video, and test out water flow.  Should be self contained with a 5 gallon bucket, so it's recirculating.

If any of you have any ideas, suggestions, or possible changes/additions to the modules, let me know.  If you'd like to design one to fit the system, I'll forward you an STL of one of the pieces so you have something to work with.

• Like 1