Garrett Announces New Sport Metal Detector Coming Soon

I like Garret myself.  I like their fan base too.   Lots of down to earth people that are nice to be around.   I hope they continue to do well and help keep the treasure hunting equipment industry diversified in product offerings.

HH
Mike 

• Like 5

Remember that Minelab started this "teaser" type of advertising so it's considered keeping up with the Jones's (a.k.a competition). Likewise we now have covid-19 and only one "touchable" magazine in the US now (American Digger). I think this is going to be the marketing trend for the foreseeable future. It makes the shopping detectorist hold off spending his or her money until they see what all the hoopla is about.

DS

www.stoutstandards.com

On 4/15/2020 at 3:37 PM, phrunt said:

I have an Ace 350 and 3 Carrots, a black old one and two Carrot AT's...

A black carrot?????  Whatever, you do, don't eat it.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dick Stout said:

Remember that Minelab started this "teaser" type of advertising so it's considered keeping up with the Jones's (a.k.a competition). Likewise we now have covid-19 and only one "touchable" magazine in the US now (American Digger). I think this is going to be the marketing trend for the foreseeable future. It makes the shopping detectorist hold off spending his or her money until they see what all the hoopla is about.

DS

www.stoutstandards.com

It sucks every bit as much if not more when Minelab does it. I'm not sure where it started, but if it was Minelab, then a pox on them for doing it!

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Wish Garrett the best, all other detector manufacturers too.

Garrett probably capitalized earlier than lots of other manufacturers via using social media.

Well, lot of other manufacturers have caught on, so Garrett better bring the goods this time.   Not a slight change in freq and change the name and try to market.  Lot of folks imo felt burned by the Max.  The ATX was a nice detector (except the the weight).  Sold mine.   Could ‘t Afford the Doan’s pills to run it.  

On 4/19/2020 at 8:21 PM, Tnsharpshooter said:

Wish Garrett the best, all other detector manufacturers too.

Garrett probably capitalized earlier than lots of other manufacturers via using social media.

Well, lot of other manufacturers have caught on, so Garrett better bring the goods this time.   Not a slight change in freq and change the name and try to market.  Lot of folks imo felt burned by the Max.  The ATX was a nice detector (except the the weight).  Sold mine.   Could ‘t Afford the Doan’s pills to run it.  

Haven't heard anyone mention Doan's pills in a long time. That makes me think back a few years:biggrin: