Things To Do If You Can’t Go Metal Detecting

watch youtube detecting vids while you are waiting for the snow to quit piling up on the pass separating you from the gold fields (as you slowly go nuts from detecting withdrawals )……….☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

piece of Quartz has very visible "specks" of gold. Now does that help you find it ?

Under the bell in the upper left hand side, and the gold is not that visible even if I blow it up.

• Like 1

For me currently the 2 main things that i am doing here in the UK is indepth research into some old and potentially new sites,and testing some new coil/detector combinations and also new settings as well on my reasonable large test garden.Never really been a fan on air testing but a 'mature' test garden that has been started maybe over 25 years ago and adding over the years as well.

Detectors are basically stripped down and like new after every dig anyway so no point doing that,but the research and testing is vitally important as it in my mind can slightly increase the odds in your favour.Of course we can all detect in different ways and for different targets the main denominator is of course we all hunt for metal of some kind.

But when this current world wide health crisis is over then we can put into practice what results that we have found while testing.

What ever part of the planet you are from stay safe and well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2Valen said:

Under the bell in the upper left hand side, and the gold is not that visible even if I blow it up.

Spot on 2Valen you nailed it, yeah I should`ve retaken the display with my new much better equipped smart phone rather then use the shot I took when I made the display, then blowing it up would've revealed it. 

• Like 1

The perfect gold fix when you can't get out prospecting. My buddy Dave has premium paydirt and an exclusive new product that simulates hard rock mining. Check it out!

https://www.goldbay.com/paydirt-store/Hard-rock-mining-experience-p183010041

image.thumb.jpeg.eae14caf185518b66e40917915bfac52.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Time to shine your nozzle.  I know there are many ways to do it.  I used to like to buff the crap out one with my hands, but that took to long and my hands would get tired.  So know I use a tumbler and they come out shiny...but sometimes takes more attempts.  This collection has taken me a few years of detecting old yards.  Most houses had one in the front and one in the back.

When I saw your collection of brass nozzles it reminded me of the collection that Betty Weeks found detecting (she use to be a contributor to Western & Eastern Treasure magazine many years ago) and had on display at one of the Texas Treasure Shows. You almost needed sunglasses to look at them.😃

Scan1022.thumb.jpg.375fd3e1bfc691e292e663d798e99379.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

All designed for extended prospecting trips in remote locations and safety in rough terrain on my own.

Seriously Dale, you guys continue to amaze.

3 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Seriously Dale, you guys continue to amaze.

Thanks Flackmagnet.

Should see the looks I get when I'm driving around town😕😮🤔😀

Sort of looks like a vehicle out of the movie mad max. And its always DIRTY... unlike most set up 4x4's.

I'm starting the fabrication on the quad on Friday once I pick up some argon gas for the welder.

I'm tig welding various ferrous and non ferrous. I don't have a mig at the moment so argon is more convenient.