Things To Do If You Can’t Go Metal Detecting

I'll speculate more on why Minelab doesn't consider North America a sales target for gold detectors or something like that.  It goes hand and hand with their idea of not making the smaller coil for the Zed.

Probably because North America is saturated with maybe an overstock of detectors that they need to sell off first. Whereas other parts of the world don’t.

You are not reading it right. It’s not that Minelab does not consider North America a sales target for gold detectors. What they are doing is reporting what is selling and where they are selling, and it’s that gold detectors sell far fewer numbers in North America. How many people in the eastern U.S. nugget hunt? It’s just a small niche market here and always has been. A market that frankly has peaked and is in the decline, though gold breaking over $2000 could change that. That’s not Minelabs fault, that’s just reality.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Steve's right why would a guy like me in PA. buy a $8000 detector if there's no gold here. Just look at our forums and the amount of posts, 29,047 for prospecting and metal detecting for gold. A lot of people that hit that side of the forum are from Australia and New Zealand. Makes sense to me that they are trying to suck up every last dollar by direct distributorships and cutting out other country's inventory shipping to other country's, And hoping that NZ distributors will overstock and create more sales. Plus Simon, don't discount your leverage with these company's like Minelab they watch these forums intently. They know exactly where to market products, And who gives them free advertising. So to me NZ would be a no brainer after all your thoughts on how hard it is to get certain products there. Trust me niche market company's  watch every forum out there. And it just might be to supply you to help sell more. Just my good thoughts.

Your Pennsylvania Minelab dealer has sold a lot of gold nugget detectors!

• Like 1

But not as many as out west where the real gold is.

An audio file is expected in the next few days JW. Crikey Elvis is back...……….

On 3/31/2020 at 9:44 PM, Walker said:

First antlers of the season! If you’re not a finder then you are a weeper! In my back yard in Colorado. No one for miles. Do you see both sides? 

A9C4BF18-E00D-4452-8E7A-0F5CA2C3D222.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm listening to folk songs based upon the Roud Index and Spotify.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_folk_songs_by_Roud_number