Things To Do If You Can’t Go Metal Detecting

mn90403'

Check out Rodney Crowell you might have heard of him. He's kind of labeled as country but he's more folk to me.. Really good. 

JW, I remember seeing Pink Floyd and Yes in Philadelphia in the 80's, Awesome shows. wish I learned guitar!!

One thing, that I think is important, is to learn how to grow a natural sustaining garden. No matter what’s going on. Stay safe!

• Like 1

Don't forget you can also make vinegar out of the apples. And please.....don't forget apple pies. You can also slice them, lay them out in the sun to dry for use later. Makes a great healthy munchie.

• Like 3

That is an awesome garden Simon. I know it can be a lot of work harvesting it all. We have an avocado tree that pumps out several hundred avos each year and need to be picked washed and polished. We have no shortage of people that want them though. Good luck!

Hey Simon, when you say you made some cider is that alcoholic cider? Been thinking of making some myself. Love the stuff. Beer not so much.🤮 

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

fruit bats ate them all and the fruit on the ground attracted dirty great big rats which in turn attracted snakes

Good old 'Straya   🤣🤣

Sounds like an easy process for the cider.  I don't mind it and the wife loves it.  Not sure I am that keen to get a whole crapload of it for her - especially at 10%  😳

Stewed apples would have to be one of my favourite things.  Sounds like you have a years supply there of that.  And stewed plums - yummo!

Just finished building a new raised bed, putting together a new hen house and (using my gold pick), making a level path along a slope in the bottom yard. This sheltering in place is not for sissys.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

stewed dark red plums

Stewed plums need a bit of sugar.  Apples were always sweet enough by themselves.  Stewed apricots were also very, very nice.  Apricot pie  😋

We recently bought some plum cordial off some people we know up at Stanley (near Beechworth) very nice too.  

2 hours ago, kiwijw said:

can you get much sense out her before a bottle or two

Orchard Thieves cider is the current poison (I think maybe from NZ?)   It used to be Strongbow.  3 of them and she is firing and they are only about 4.5%.