Things To Do If You Can’t Go Metal Detecting

Really nice garden and yard area strick. I know a lot of effort (work) goes into building and maintaining a place like that.

I too have gopher problems and use wire mesh under a lot of crops. There’re pretty easy to catch, but moles, on the other hand, are really tough for me to trap. What a mess they make with their mounds.

Anyway, great job and looks like a good partner.

Mike

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

yea, I walk with it over my shoulder, my legs are too short for a hip mounted pick holder, I tried 🙂

I used to use a hip mounted pick holder also but found the pick used to keep hitting my legs when i walked. I now place the pick between the strap on the pro harness and my lower back. Saw the young girl on Aussie Gold Hunters do something simular so got the idea from her although she hangs hers off to the side. no more pick bouncing around when i walk and also has the benifit of keeping metal away from the 20" coil. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, kiwijw said:

Hi there 1515Art, Was that a bush fix on the swing arm? JW 🤠

JW, fell off while I was loading the Jeep to go hunt bush fix worked just as good as if it wasn’t broken at all I contemplated just to keep on using it, but instead will keep it for an emergency back up for when it breaks again🤒🤪.

E0B130A9-5C78-45BF-BD6F-0AD9CFEB0779.thumb.jpeg.dd042e5d85347556c32d87278bf57cfc.jpeg

• Like 1

Sand Art  ... Let it play through several sketches

• Like 3

Thanks fellas on the garden compliments...it is a lot of work but being able to go out in your back yard and pick your own food makes it worth it.  A lot of what we grow  is given away to family and friends as there is always more then what we need. Gardening is something that the wife and I can do together almost every day so it's a great family thing as well. Lisa likes to can stuff so we have a nice stock pile in our pantry. 

Mike_ I've experimented with lots of different gopher traps over the years and I have a new favorite...They are made by someone on the peninsula and I can only find them on e Bay...take care  my fellow treasure hunting brethren. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-TRAPS-GOPHINATOR-GOPHER-TRAP-STAINLESS-STEEL-USA-MADE/323238698631?hash=item4b42871e87:g:eWwAAOSwjS9a6yxh

strick 

I just ordered some Strick. I feel like Bill Murray in Caddyshack in our yard. Thanks...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the link Strick, I’ll try those. My bigger problem is moles. Any suggestion for getting rid of them? My gogher traps just don’t get them.