Steve Herschbach

Things To Do If You Can’t Go Metal Detecting

yes, they were talking Key markets.

Key markets are markets that are essential for extending a company's market position, its economic growth and its globalization in a sustainable way. The concept is necessarily not a sharp one, rather, it may depend on company-specific cost-effectiveness or profitability thresholds. Key markets may also only exist in a company's vision statement as projections of future profitability in emerging markets.

I'm more interested why they said Asia Pacific, that's quite odd to me. The Asia pacific countries I would think wouldn't be a key gold market but maybe there is something I don't know.  PNG has gold I guess, China and Mongolia do.... Siberia does so maybe sales are starting to grow in these areas.  I doubt NZ contributes much unless it's me causing all NZ's gains in sales.   Opening a NZ warehouse is just as odd to me but I'm not complaining 🙂, A country of under 5 million people right next door to Australia with regular cheap easy shipping between the two, why would they need a NZ warehouse, it can't be to supply me.

• Like 2

Steve's right why would a guy like me in PA. buy a $8000 detector if there's no gold here. Just look at our forums and the amount of posts, 29,047 for prospecting and metal detecting for gold. A lot of people that hit that side of the forum are from Australia and New Zealand. Makes sense to me that they are trying to suck up every last dollar by direct distributorships and cutting out other country's inventory shipping to other country's, And hoping that NZ distributors will overstock and create more sales. Plus Simon, don't discount your leverage with these company's like Minelab they watch these forums intently. They know exactly where to market products, And who gives them free advertising. So to me NZ would be a no brainer after all your thoughts on how hard it is to get certain products there. Trust me niche market company's  watch every forum out there. And it just might be to supply you to help sell more. Just my good thoughts.

Your Pennsylvania Minelab dealer has sold a lot of gold nugget detectors!

• Like 1

But not as many as out west where the real gold is.

19 hours ago, phrunt said:

it can't be to supply me.

Oh....I don't know about that. You seem to pounce on anything new that they release.😂 😜

Where abouts is the new warehouse?

On another note to get this thread back on topic to "Things to do if you can't go metal detecting".

I have got back into "learning" to play the guitar. Had one since I was 16. Still the same one. I rescued it from its corner in the garage below my detector rack. Went to tune it & the bottom thin "E" string promptly snapped. Guess I shouldn't have been surprised. I knew I had some spare strings somewhere. Just wasn't sure which strings they would have been. I was fairing the worst & thinking that the string I wanted was the string that wouldn't be there as I was sure I had already, years ago, replaced that same string. It always seems to be that one that snaps.

I of course had no idea where the strings were stashed away. I was fairing they were in a box buried deep in our storage container & which box I had no idea. That was a daunting  proposition to even attempt a search. Then something in my tiny brain nagged at me that they were in a bucket with a lid on it up in the roof attic above the garage with some very old photos of my life from back in my 20's, before I even met my first wife. Unbelievably.....they were. And better still it was a complete new set of strings. So I literally pulled the guitar apart, gave it a good clean & oil, & changed all the strings. Re tightened the neck thread bolt to pull the strings closer to the frets & so lesson the gap between the metal fret bars & strings so I didn't have to push the strings so hard to make contact & so make a chord note. Nothing quite like steel strings to give the tips of your fingers a hard time. Going to take a bit of time to build calissis up on those after the million years it has been since I played it.

Naturally there was no way I was going to attempt to look for my primitive tuning whistle. I seem to remember loaning it to someone & never got it back. Now with modern technology & computers & the internet, which of course didn't exist back when I "tried" to play before. I did a google search & discovered you can get a guitar tuning phone app for free. So I promptly found one & went to download it & I didn't have enough memory left on my phone to do it. So I had to delete some videos to get some room back. There went two videos I took when I went to see Roger Waters (Pink Floyd)  in concert a couple of years ago. I have them saved on my computer anyway. So that was ok.

This app blew me away. It comes up with a needle graph on it that is like a clock face showing from 9 o'clock on the left through to 12 o'clock in the center at the top & on to 3 o'clock on the right. You have your 6 string notes starting with the top fat string E & on down A, D, G, B & the bottom thin E string. The one that snapped on me. With your phone on your knee you pluck whatever sting you want & if it is out of tune the needle will tell you. So if it is too low the needle will be between 9 & 12. It is then just a matter of tightening it up until it is bang on 12 & it is tuned. If the needle is between 12 & 3 then it is too high & you need to back it off down to the 9 side of 12 & the tension it back up until it is bang on the 12. It always pays to tune the string on the up tension than the down tension as the string will give to stretch on the down tension & lose its tune.

With guitar tuned perfectly I was away. I actually got it pretty good in the first place from ear so I was tickled with that. I have the basics of chords & what is what. So on doing a google search I have ended up with Keith Urban giving me guitar lessons. That's pretty cool. 🤭 Just got the sore fingertips to get over now.:rolleyes:  

Sorry about all that, but I am bored with this lockdown....Can only watch so much on Youtube.

JW 🤠           

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

An audio file is expected in the next few days JW. Crikey Elvis is back...……….

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Norvic said:

An audio file is expected in the next few days JW. Crikey Elvis is back...……….

Ha Ha....I wish.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:44 PM, Walker said:

First antlers of the season! If you’re not a finder then you are a weeper! In my back yard in Colorado. No one for miles. Do you see both sides? 

A9C4BF18-E00D-4452-8E7A-0F5CA2C3D222.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm listening to folk songs based upon the Roud Index and Spotify.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_folk_songs_by_Roud_number

• Like 1