Things To Do If You Can’t Go Metal Detecting

Want to have some fun and do research at the same time?

Look at Historical Aerials

https://www.historicaerials.com/

• Like 1

JW,

It should be stated that where Flak lives he could be visited by a mountain lion.  There are several in his area that are tracked with radio collars but I'm sure they would like a chicken dinner!  Other pets can be on the menu also.

• Time for a little tool maintenance that’s something to do, ordered a new skid plate for the gpz14 not that I needed one but it seemed like a good time to take care of that and a new guide arm hinge while I’m at it, although the orange cord was working just fine for me.

• The handle on my favorite pick was cracked so I decided to give the old digger a face lift and redressed the business ends, ground off two of the three magnet holders I prefer just the one magnet and crafted a new longer handle from an old hoe blank I had on hand shaped to fit me and got a pack of 1/4 x 2” steel rivets on order from granger to pin the head with. I’d ordered a 40” Italian grape vine replacement handle then decided maybe straight style handle might be better and if not I can switch it later. I’m figuring with the longer handle ( the new ones now 41”) I might save myself a little energy getting up and down so much and maybe last a few more hours out there or at least speed things up a bit😀.
  • 6BD09787-5B19-4517-ADFD-DB676FE391C3.thumb.jpeg.cd9316377daddedf05867bc6efde7455.jpegF81908BB-B9D9-43F0-9B5A-BABFBFDE8121.thumb.jpeg.071f8cb137fb09e0065114ef374e21e5.jpeg
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

There are several in his area that are tracked with radio collars but I'm sure they would like a chicken dinner!  Other pets can be on the menu also.

I guess this is probably a little off-topic but heck, almost everything is off-topic in a pandemic; Yes we have mountain lions, coyotes and bobcats where we live - because we are living in their neighborhood. Rather pathetically, at least once a week there are little hand printed posters with cute pictures tacked up to the phone poles on our narrow streets saying things like "little fluffy is missing - if anyone sees her please call this number." What the posters don't seem to realize is that little fluffy has become an evening snack for one of the local inhabitants. You simply can't allow your pets to have the usual run of the neighborhood found in other communities. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Easy now ... you'll be going down and pick Fred up and we'll never see you two again!

Do you have a plan for this year?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Easy now ... you'll be going down and pick Fred up and we'll never see you two again!

Do you have a plan for this year?

No set plans--- travel is ....problematic--- I am going up to the boat in SE Alaska after my contract ends in May 30th...

After that I m really getting a hankering to get back over and show the fellas how to get on the gold---

Nothing like a year off to exacerbate the gold fever---- !!!!

Haven't made a trip over the top of OZ yet and I may do that this winter--- if its not too hot when i get there---

if it is i will camp somewhere in WA...

or the Philippines😎

• Like 4