White’s 8″x14″ DD Coil For The Goldmaster 24K And GMX Sport

White’s new 8″ x 14″ DD Coil for the Goldmaster 24K and GMX Sport is now showing up at some dealers for $249.95 (internet price $229.95), part number 624-0614. Scuff cover /skip plate sold separately, part 501-4101, $9.95. Great for ground coverage, but for those with a GMX Sport do note this coil will float like a cork.

whites-search-coil-8-x-14-dd-24k-gmx.jpg
8" x 14" DD search coil for White's Goldmaster 24K and Sport GMX

The Goldmaster 24K and GMX Sport now have a decent coil selection going. In addition to the coil above, we have:

6" x 10" DD coil (stock on 24k)

6" round concentric (stock on GMX)

4" x 6" DD coil

Here is my Goldmaster 24K with a prototype (no label) 8" x 14" coil....

whites-goldmaster-24k-with-14-inch-coil.jpg
White's Goldmaster 24K with 8" x 14" DD coil

• Like 2

Steve .... can you write a more detailed review of Whites Goldmaster 24K ...and add your individual coils view to this detector?

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

For what it is worth this was a major deciding factor in my ditching my Gold Monster and keeping the 24K. Minelab's policy of limiting coils lost me and switched me to White's in this instance. Not only does the 24K have twice as many coils, you don't get the coil knock issues with the 24K to anywhere near the extent as exists with the Gold Monster. You can scrub the ground with the 24K with no problem. Plus more control options, better balance, does not roll over when set down, etc.

BRAVO  Steve !!!
BUT you forgot the best part of ALL !
MADE IN THE USA.
Thanks for the details on the 24K.

On 3/31/2020 at 7:18 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

For what it is worth this was a major deciding factor in my ditching my Gold Monster and keeping the 24K. Minelab's policy of limiting coils lost me and switched me to White's in this instance. Not only does the 24K have twice as many coils, you don't get the coil knock issues with the 24K to anywhere near the extent as exists with the Gold Monster. You can scrub the ground with the 24K with no problem. Plus more control options, better balance, does not roll over when set down, etc.

I am also an ex Monster owner....complete junk next to the 24K....I owned a GM1000 for 2 weeks and happily ditched it for the 24K. Soooo glad I did! Now only waiting for the 6x4DD coil to be available...

Hi,im wandering if the 8" x 14" coil, will gain more depth than the other 24k coils?, also will the detector overload less with higher sensitvity on bad ground while maintaining max depth?

Thanks⛏️

3 hours ago, Lucky1 said:

Hi, I'm wondering if the 8" x 14" coil, will gain more depth than the other 24k coils?, also will the detector overload less with higher sensitivity on bad ground while maintaining max depth?

Thanks⛏️

You mainly get better ground coverage. Depth depends on the target size and ground mineralization.

First off, small coils get better depth on the tiniest nuggets over the larger coils, no matter the ground situation. Using a larger coil may get you less depth on the smallest nuggets in any ground. This Gold Bug 2 chart illustrates this well....

post-1-0-66213600-1422681241.jpg
Coil Size vs Depth Fisher Gold Bug 2
Source - Field Testing the Gold Bug 2 by Gordon Zahara

In addition, a large coil "sees" more ground than a small coil and so is more affected by ground minerals. In low mineral ground you will see an obvious depth advantage on larger nuggets, maybe 10%-15%. As the ground minerals get worse, you will experience more feedback/overload and have to reduce sensitivity/gain to compensate, so you hit a point where there is no depth advantage at all. In very severe ground, a smaller coil may very well punch deeper even on larger nuggets, and especially on smaller nuggets.

All coils are trade offs and none is perfect across the board for all situations, which is why you need multiple coils. There is no free lunch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Steve, I Iove my 24k and think it is the best VLF out there. You've shed the light on the question for me and most likely many other ppl, most appreciate your hard work, thanks again.

Lucky 1⛏️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1