Chasing Stupidly Small Gold Continued And A Dramatic Rescue

Seems to to me that you have raised a very respectable young man, You should be quite proud. I think the find of the day might be that tortoise and how great your son is.

• Like 7

Flak,  Not only are you dialing in your detecting skills and technique (with golden results), you are able to spend quality time with your son.  That tortoise story and photos will be remembered, shared and talked about over many Thanksgiving dinners.  The true gold in this post, is the time with your son.  Now the gold bits....is very impressive.  I always tell folks, I judge ones ability with a gold detector on how small of gold they can find.  Heck, hearing it is half the battle.  Then you have to try and pinpoint it with the 14" coil and try to get it in the scoop.  Job well done to the both of you.

• Like 6

Just goes to show what a detector can find when wielded with proper technique. And as already noted, the desert tortoise anecdote is priceless. A wise man once said, "Compassion towards all creatures is the greatest virtue." Well done, Flak and son!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

We put him in the shade for awhile to let him calm down after being lifted and carried around. 

Please tell me that you did not infect the poor turtle!

Great job on taking the time to better your skills and finding that small gold.

3 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Please tell me that you did not infect the poor turtle!

Bad joke, but as it happened we were both wearing gloves.

• Like 1

Flak

No telling how long that tortoise had been in the hole.  The immediate eating indicates thirst.

Good save no matter what because it was a goner in the pit.

Mitchel

• Like 1