Lots Of Change Going On

Went to a new park today to dirt fish while my son went fish fishing. He was happy catching 3 fish in 3 hours, and I was happy finding a park that has not been hit too hard. I can't remember the last time I found over $12 in change in 3 hours of detecting, except for after when a carnival packed up and left. There were 36 quarters, 23 dimes, 11 nickels, and about 25 pennies. The 15" coil on the Equinox is no slouch at finding coins. Next time I will have to slow down and dig lots of trash to start pulling the gold rings out. If there are that many coins, it stands to reason there will be rings. Park 1, 7 recovery speed, 0 iron bias, 18 sensitivity, ground balanced, and all metal.

IMG_20200331_203015.jpg

• Like 7

That much clad you may want to go over it again and start looking for jewelry, bet there are some rings etc there.

That is a really good run for short time of coin shooting. Congrats.

• Thanks 1

Great hunt, now see if your son wants to go again tomorrow and get the rings and deeper coins.

• Like 1

Nice tray of coinage!!! looks like you got a start on some of the trash. I'll bet you weren't standing up much? ha ha. Spend some time around the areas with the most trash, that tells you more people were in that area. Once you weed out the crap, the good stuff will soon show up. But like you said you need to go slow and dig all targets. Looks like you found a good place to hone your skills. keep em coming.

• Thanks 1