Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

No Accessory Coils For Simplex+ ?

On 10/8/2019 at 4:52 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Not being the shy type I will bet there are more coils for the Simplex by year end then there are for the Equinox after two years.

Well, I have to admit I was totally wrong about accessory coils for the Simplex+. Every other new model from this company was swamped with accessory coils in short order, and I assumed it would be the same with Simplex. Nothing from Nokta/Makro and no aftermarket coils either after half a year. The difference now is so striking it makes me wonder what is up. Or have I missed something?

I believe since this detector is being introduced as an entry level detector, Makro/Nokta would rather a user upgrade rather than modify, with the idea the user will stay within the brand. 
Brian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, I have to admit I was totally wrong about accessory coils for the Simplex+. Every other new model from this company was swamped with accessory coils in short order, and I assumed it would be the same with Simplex. Nothing from Nokta/Makro and no aftermarket coils either after half a year. The difference now is so striking it makes me wonder what is up. Or have I missed something?

Steve, I have been as amazed and shocked as you, if not more-so.  ALL of the Nokta and Makro devices came with, or very quickly had, plenty of accessory search coils, and I always make use of smaller-size to mid-size coils for the very trashy places I hunt.  I keep the small 'OOR' DD on my original (first) FORS CoRe and the excellent 5X9½ DD on my 2nd (your former) FORS CoRe, a 5" DD on my FORS Relic, a 7" Concentric on the Impact .... but my Simplex +, which I really enjoy using, sits back to watch all the fun I have in trashier places because it only has the stock 11" DD.  Way too big or most of the sites a lot of the avid detectorists like to hunt.

I would have lost good $$$ if I would have wagered on how soon we would get smaller and useful search coils for the Simplex+.  It really needs to have a round 5" DD and round 7" Concentric available, and about the only other coil that I feel would be welcomed is the open-frame 5X9½ elliptical DD.  We don't need any over-size coils to make it nose-heavy, and certainly not the 9" Concentric like they had with the rod-mount back toward the rear to make it 'floppy' and nose-heavy and, in my opinion, kind of ugly or awkward-looking.  The 11" DD is fine for beach hunting or working a plowed field, etc., but smaller-size coils?  We need them, and we need them soon!  It's detecting season and so many littered sites await our arrival.

Monte

• Like 3

Well it’s spit in one hand and wish in the other. I think you will find the one with the spit is running over bye now..

More are less of what has been said already is the Simplex is a tease of what Makro/Nokta has to offer. That’s only if you’re willing to spend the money to find out.

What Dilek and her company don’t know is I’m in love with my Simplex and it’s not going anywhere but a smaller coil would be nice. To have it bye yesterday would be great.

Chuck  

PS A concentric 7” please are 6” . I’ll eat humble pie and just say Thank You.

Is the coil hard wired or have a connector? If it has a connector then I would assume that at some point more coils may come out or it might be possible to use a coil from one the other models. They could be just prioritizing production and working on the new unit, just a wild guess.

Looking at the pics of the Simplex the connector looks the same as the Kruzer and Amphibio. Has anyone tried to just plug in one of those coils in assuming the pinout is the same? Would that hurt anything if the pins were the same?

Maybe the Nokta people can chime in on this. I have a buddy that is looking at this machine.

2 hours ago, kac said:

Looking at the pics of the Simplex the connector looks the same as the Kruzer and Amphibio. Has anyone tried to just plug in one of those coils in assuming the pinout is the same? Would that hurt anything if the pins were the same?

Maybe the Nokta people can chime in on this. I have a buddy that is looking at this machine.

yup its a no go. Must have them chipped to not be compatible. Maybe they will surprise us with the update and all the anfibio/kruzer coils will work with simplex. If they did I would prob buy 2 machines just for myself and keep one with 7'' on and one with the 9x5 coil on. 

• Like 1

Having a connector is promising so maybe there is an opportunity for the 3rd party coil manufacturers jump on this.

I don't think aftermarket coil manufacturers are very interested in making coils for cheaper machines, there just wouldn't be the money in it when the after market coils can cost half the price of the detector. 

Nel made plenty of Garrett Ace coils but the Ace series was very popular years ago in Europe and particular popular in Russia and Ukraine from what I can see.  The detectors they would want to make coils for the most are now chipped. 

Nel hasn't released new coils for a while now, their latest ones were for the Quest Q20, Q40, X5, X10, the Nokta coils for the Gold Racer, Kruzer, Impact and Anfibio and finally the Golden Mask GM 4, GM 4PRO, GM 4WD PRO.  These were all some time ago with no new coils since.

Detectors with minimal coils seems the new normal and I don't like it.

• Like 2

One of the big reasons I snagged a Kruzer was all the coil options. I can't see having just one coil for a machine especially with all terrain machines as it really limits your hunting capabilities. Just one coil, might as well hard wire it.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By levdeb
      Hello all! New to the forum. Got a Nokta Simplex+ to replace my old Whites detector. First 2 times my son and I took it out, we found good stuff (knife, ring, and a dime). Took it out yesterday, and on any setting, it is just beeping like crazy. And the numbers jump from 10-90. Even when not moving the detector.
      Just saw a post about a wonky update, and wondering if we should so something about that. Or is there a way to reset this thing and tune it in?
      My old Whites had a ground control knob, but was also from the 1960's... lol
      Thanks for any help/advice!
    • By Sven1
      Shipping to distributors next week

• By Simplicius
      Hi guys,
      I've just received my Simplex+  2.77 (coming from a Teknetics T2).
      I connected my wired headphones and immediately noticed that volume is very  poor.
      At L1 level I can't hear anything; at L2 a little bit more... and so on... To have a decent volume I have to rise to max (H4), just to operate in a quite environment.
      Wrong headhones? 
      Keep in mind that:
      I use a jack adapter (6.3 to 3.5)
      Headphone are some Philips wired model (nothing special) 
      They have no volume control
      All cables are well plugged in
      Simplex speaker plays loud as expected
      I tried with other headphones (no brand) but no joy
      Same headphones play loud with my old Teknetics
      Simplex battery is near full
      Any help will be appreciated.
    • By cjc
      A Few Notes on the Nokta / Makro Simplex
      I originally thought that the Notka / Makro Simplex + would be a good lightweight backup to take cycling or in my pack along the beach. It’s turned out to be a lot more. The Simplex is now my go-to park machine. I say this because if it’s excellent trash rejection and overall accuracy. This is a detector with very sophisticated electronics. When I take the Simplex + in at trash infested areas--I can tell by the audio what’s under the coil. Coins or other round targets give clean sharp sounds. Other misshapen and inconsistent objects like “can slaw” or twisted wire give broken tones and scattered meter readings.
      The meter itself is also very accurate--after several months I’m able to pick out clad quarters and our one and two dollar coins with ease. Targets that read “way up” on the scale--in the high 90’s tend to be iron. I can also hear the “width” of signal well--steering me off the big iron and other large junk. I can also tell a dime--by the size. This is hands down the best beginner machine I’ve used. Last week I dug a clad dime at over 10 inches. While this is not that deep by some standards--just how good of a signal it gave was a shock to me.
      Even if it was not waterproof, the Simplex would be a great value--but it is fully submersible with a set of optional underwater phones. Its always been my experience that you are much more likely to make big finds in the water--even at the very edge.
      I also like the quick, practical interface. I usually search in the new Park 2 Tone ID mode. This alerts me to coin-range targets “loud and clear.” From there I can check questionable targets in the high bias (greater iron rejection) “Field” mode with one press--or All Metal mode with two presses. These two quick tests--along with using the “cross-sweep” and pinpoint mode give a ton of target information. This is just a really well laid-out, well thought-out machine that will satisfy hunters at all levels. It also has a lot of nice small touches--built-in flash light, backlit controls and display, wireless audio, and a feature that lets you hear as much or as little iron as you want. While there aren't’ many great silver or relic sites near here, I’ve increased my clad coin find count a lot using this machine. Moreover---it’s a pleasure to use and I enjoy listening to how accurately it processes whats under the coil and brings up the best signal from among the junk. I’m still learning and need to get more familiarity with some of the middle ranges. I do know that the high 20’s are a good gold range.
      Another huge feature of the Simplex + is that the wireless phones can be paired with a Notka / Makro pinpointer so that as soon as you switch on to locate a target--the detector sound turns off and you get this big, clean headphone tone to locate your target with. This is something I’ve always loved about the Anfibio--great to see the same feature in an even more affordable detector.
      I take this machine to a park that has seen 40 years worth of detectors and never fail to come out with a surprising haul. The Simplex + has brought new life to every “worked out” site in my area with it’s accuracy and sharp performance. This detector has let me return to “hunting local”--and make good use to the limited time I have.
      I have been recommending this detector to anyone who asks about a good unit to learn their basics with. At the same time--this is a great performing machine for intermediate hunters--or a reliable backup for those at the top levels of the hobby.
      Just wish the entry level detectors were like this when I started!
      Good Luck Detecting!
      Clive James Clynick
      Toronto, Canada

• By cjc
      A Few Notes on the Nokta / Makro Simplex
      I originally thought that the Notka / Makro Simplex + would be a good lightweight backup to take cycling or in my pack along the beach. It’s turned out to be a lot more. The Simplex is now my go-to park machine. I say this because if it’s excellent trash rejection and overall accuracy. This is a detector with very sophisticated electronics. When I take the Simplex + in at trash infested areas--I can tell by the audio what’s under the coil. Coins or other round targets give clean sharp sounds. Other misshapen and inconsistent objects like “can slaw” or twisted wire give broken tones and scattered meter readings.
      The meter itself is also very accurate--after several months I’m able to pick out clad quarters and our one and two dollar coins with ease. Targets that read “way up” on the scale--in the high 90’s tend to be iron. I can also hear the “width” of signal well--steering me off the big iron and other large junk. I can also tell a dime--by the size. This is hands down the best beginner machine I’ve used. Last week I dug a clad dime at over 10 inches. While this is not that deep by some standards--just how good of a signal it gave was a shock to me.
      Even if it was not waterproof, the Simplex would be a great value--but it is fully submersible with a set of optional underwater phones. Its always been my experience that you are much more likely to make big finds in the water--even at the very edge.
      I also like the quick, practical interface. I usually search in the new Park 2 Tone ID mode. This alerts me to coin-range targets “loud and clear.” From there I can check questionable targets in the high bias (greater iron rejection) “Field” mode with one press--or All Metal mode with two presses. These two quick tests--along with using the “cross-sweep” and pinpoint mode give a ton of target information. This is just a really well laid-out, well thought-out machine that will satisfy hunters at all levels. It also has a lot of nice small touches--built-in flash light, backlit controls and display, wireless audio, and a feature that lets you hear as much or as little iron as you want. While there aren't’ many great silver or relic sites near here, I’ve increased my clad coin find count a lot using this machine. Moreover---it’s a pleasure to use and I enjoy listening to how accurately it processes whats under the coil and brings up the best signal from among the junk. I’m still learning and need to get more familiarity with some of the middle ranges. I do know that the high 20’s are a good gold range.
      Another huge feature of the Simplex + is that the wireless phones can be paired with a Notka / Makro pinpointer so that as soon as you switch on to locate a target--the detector sound turns off and you get this big, clean headphone tone to locate your target with. This is something I’ve always loved about the Anfibio--great to see the same feature in an even more affordable detector.
      I take this machine to a park that has seen 40 years worth of detectors and never fail to come out with a surprising haul. The Simplex + has brought new life to every “worked out” site in my area with it’s accuracy and sharp performance. This detector has let me return to “hunting local”--and make good use to the limited time I have.
      I have been recommending this detector to anyone who asks about a good unit to learn their basics with. At the same time--this is a great performing machine for intermediate hunters--or a reliable backup for those at the top levels of the hobby.
      Just wish the entry level detectors were like this when I started!
      Good Luck Detecting!
      Clive James Clynick
      Toronto, Canada

• By Sven1
      Videos on Facebook Nokta/Makro site
      Some folks were complaining Target ID numbers too jumpy at depth. To make the detector less chattery with bouncy numbers. They reverted, detuned  the target ID, so after a certain depth it will not generate a target ID number. Mainly for those who want a quieter detector.
      Updates Made :
      IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THE INCREASED ID DEPTHS OF VERSION 2.76 OR 2.77, YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE!
      ID stability and depths have been changed back to the same levels of version 2.68. This will NOT affect the overall depth and sensitivity of the device.

https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/simplex-metal-detector/