No Accessory Coils For Simplex+ ?

On 10/8/2019 at 4:52 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Not being the shy type I will bet there are more coils for the Simplex by year end then there are for the Equinox after two years.

Well, I have to admit I was totally wrong about accessory coils for the Simplex+. Every other new model from this company was swamped with accessory coils in short order, and I assumed it would be the same with Simplex. Nothing from Nokta/Makro and no aftermarket coils either after half a year. The difference now is so striking it makes me wonder what is up. Or have I missed something?

I believe since this detector is being introduced as an entry level detector, Makro/Nokta would rather a user upgrade rather than modify, with the idea the user will stay within the brand. 
Brian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, I have to admit I was totally wrong about accessory coils for the Simplex+. Every other new model from this company was swamped with accessory coils in short order, and I assumed it would be the same with Simplex. Nothing from Nokta/Makro and no aftermarket coils either after half a year. The difference now is so striking it makes me wonder what is up. Or have I missed something?

Steve, I have been as amazed and shocked as you, if not more-so.  ALL of the Nokta and Makro devices came with, or very quickly had, plenty of accessory search coils, and I always make use of smaller-size to mid-size coils for the very trashy places I hunt.  I keep the small 'OOR' DD on my original (first) FORS CoRe and the excellent 5X9½ DD on my 2nd (your former) FORS CoRe, a 5" DD on my FORS Relic, a 7" Concentric on the Impact .... but my Simplex +, which I really enjoy using, sits back to watch all the fun I have in trashier places because it only has the stock 11" DD.  Way too big or most of the sites a lot of the avid detectorists like to hunt.

I would have lost good $$$ if I would have wagered on how soon we would get smaller and useful search coils for the Simplex+.  It really needs to have a round 5" DD and round 7" Concentric available, and about the only other coil that I feel would be welcomed is the open-frame 5X9½ elliptical DD.  We don't need any over-size coils to make it nose-heavy, and certainly not the 9" Concentric like they had with the rod-mount back toward the rear to make it 'floppy' and nose-heavy and, in my opinion, kind of ugly or awkward-looking.  The 11" DD is fine for beach hunting or working a plowed field, etc., but smaller-size coils?  We need them, and we need them soon!  It's detecting season and so many littered sites await our arrival.

Monte

• Like 3

Well it’s spit in one hand and wish in the other. I think you will find the one with the spit is running over bye now..

More are less of what has been said already is the Simplex is a tease of what Makro/Nokta has to offer. That’s only if you’re willing to spend the money to find out.

What Dilek and her company don’t know is I’m in love with my Simplex and it’s not going anywhere but a smaller coil would be nice. To have it bye yesterday would be great.

Chuck  

PS A concentric 7” please are 6” . I’ll eat humble pie and just say Thank You.

Is the coil hard wired or have a connector? If it has a connector then I would assume that at some point more coils may come out or it might be possible to use a coil from one the other models. They could be just prioritizing production and working on the new unit, just a wild guess.

Looking at the pics of the Simplex the connector looks the same as the Kruzer and Amphibio. Has anyone tried to just plug in one of those coils in assuming the pinout is the same? Would that hurt anything if the pins were the same?

Maybe the Nokta people can chime in on this. I have a buddy that is looking at this machine.

2 hours ago, kac said:

Looking at the pics of the Simplex the connector looks the same as the Kruzer and Amphibio. Has anyone tried to just plug in one of those coils in assuming the pinout is the same? Would that hurt anything if the pins were the same?

Maybe the Nokta people can chime in on this. I have a buddy that is looking at this machine.

yup its a no go. Must have them chipped to not be compatible. Maybe they will surprise us with the update and all the anfibio/kruzer coils will work with simplex. If they did I would prob buy 2 machines just for myself and keep one with 7'' on and one with the 9x5 coil on. 

• Like 1

Having a connector is promising so maybe there is an opportunity for the 3rd party coil manufacturers jump on this.

One of the big reasons I snagged a Kruzer was all the coil options. I can't see having just one coil for a machine especially with all terrain machines as it really limits your hunting capabilities. Just one coil, might as well hard wire it.

• Like 2

Smaller coils are coming, very soon now. As is the new Simplex update. Think there was some setback to to the Covid-19 which is putting a strain on everybody and business.....

Those smaller coils will help drive sales as it seems everyone on this side of the pond wants some.

She did pop in at Tom D's forum today.

==================================

Hello all... Sorry I have not been posting lately.

Now, to answer a few questions / comments:

Did we get scared off? I can only smile at this especially after the release and the success of the Simplex+ worlwide. Maybe the opposite holds true?

The kids detector is almost ready for the final testing stage yet I do not know whether we will delay the testing due to many of our testers being in countries with lock downs. In addition, we also have kids testers and we cannot put any kid at risk at this stage unless thye have their own private garden to use the detector.

We have been working on an update for the Simplex+ which is almost ready to be released... I will also announce it here on this forum.

SMF - still in the works yet do not have an exact date for it.

COVID-19 - The COVID-19 situation has affected Turkey just like most other countries in the world.
Yet, we are working and still shipping product. We realize that the whole world is going through tough times including here but we are also trying our best to keep the business going and support our dealers, customers etc so the smaller businesses can survive and we avoid long lasting recessions.

We are now all in this equally. The Corona virus, unfortunately, does not discriminate like our metal detectors. We are all equal – regardless of our country and race. It is now time to unite – not physically - but mentally and responsibly and do the right thing. For ourselves, for our loved ones and for the humanity.

I thank those who were concerned and wondered if I were OK (some also emailed me) ... business and money aside, I believe this is what the humanity had been lacking on - being simple human beings and caring about each other. This whole crisis, I hope, will shake the humanity up in a good way and humans will remember what is more important in life and will start appreciating that one breath we can take into our lungs unlike thousands and thousands around the world right now who cannot. It is a pity, that the price we are paying is too high....

Please all stay safe and healthy!

Dilek

• Like 5