Unique Specimen

Lunk

Not the least bit magnetic and the black seems to be very hard. I sure wish now I had taken some geology classes when I was young enough to learn something.

Norm

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the black mineral is either, but years ago, my dad detected a specimen that was very similar; yours is only the second with a black matrix that I've ever seen come out of Q.

1 hour ago, normmcq said:

I sure wish now I had taken some geology classes when I was young enough to learn something.

Me too!  The only problem would be that I grew up in Florida and I would have been learning about blue springs and limestone caves and all of that would be without any gold.

That's a great little nuggie.

I saw part of your take when I was there.  What was the large one for the season?  Did you finish filling your box?

Mitchel

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:
4 hours ago, normmcq said:

I sure wish now I had taken some geology classes when I was young enough to learn something.

Me too! 

Me too!!  If only we knew then what we know now.  Would have done lots of things differently  😉

Nice specie Norm.  Have you got a weight total and pic of your finds?  

Norm,  That is what I love about gold, is the uniqueness.  So many different textures, shapes, sizes, matrix mixed in or around and overall characters.  Keep us posted on your prize find.

• Like 2

Great little specimen Norn, i would think it might be manganese also . I think back in the day they found manganese covered nuggets in the chocolate mountains over in california somewhat close to Q ,seems like i was told that several years back while out around palo verde . 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, normmcq said:

Lunk

I didn't mention it, but that nugget with the black matrix came from Gold Basin.

Sorry about my assumption that it came from Q. That's a nice winter harvest of golden goodies; well done!

• Like 1