Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro Color Flyer

Click or double click for larger version....

NEW! from BOUNTY HUNTER

Time Ranger Pro metal detector

• Backlit Display
  • FeTone™, Adjustable Iron Audio
  • Enhanced V-Break®, Tone Discrimination System
  • Notch Mode with Adjustable Notch Width
  • Computerized GROUND GRAB® One Touch Ground Balance with Manual Override
  • Unmatched Target Separation in Iron and Trash
  • Continuous Ground Condition Readout: Ground Phase value indicates type of mineralization, Fe3O4 graphic indicates amount of mineralization
  • Ground balance all the way to Salt
  • Static All Metal Pinpoint with Depth Indicator
  • 19 kHz Operating Frequency
  • Ultra-Lightweight, only 2.5 lbs. (1.1 kg)

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) $449

Internet Discount Price $399

bounty-hunter-time-ranger-pro-color-flyer.jpg
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro Color Flyer

• Like 2

I checked Ebay this morning but none are advertised there.  Maybe it's just too early, yet, but it seems Ebay sellers are pretty quick to get items to market.

Another odd thing to me is the ad posted above by Steve H. -- the website listed there is the Fisher site.  Going there doesn't show a listing for the new BH Time Ranger Pro, although at the bottom of the page you can click on the Bounty Hunter Logo and get there.  We've heard that First Texas is revamping their website so maybe this is just some kind of temporary transition.

Steve H Edit 2/6/2020 - the jpg and pdf have been corrected due to GBs sharp eyes!

Same company, three websites, probably just an oversight. Whoever did the flyer probably had Fisher on the brain since as we all know this is an F19 in new clothing. I may get one yet... I like the detector and I like the new color scheme. It's just a no-nonsense grab and go detector. I always meshed real well with the FT 19 kHz machines. That said I have no real need for one.... it's just that "I want a new toy" thing tickling me. I've not got a new detector in almost two years!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm surprised after all this time they still haven't fixed the ground phase being the big dominant readout in all metal mode

If I could have one change on this detector this would be it. I'd much rather it be the target id instead.

For me these models are superior to the T2/F75 for one simple reason. I can set the ferrous break point while having dual tones. The only way to do that on the T2/F75 is in monotone disc mode.

I'd get the G2+ over this due to the pistol grip setup.  It shouldn't take much shopping around to match the $399.00 price either.

teknetics-g2-metal-detector.jpg

I prefer the grip on the G2+ by a small margin but find the S rod to be slightly more compact/a little easier to stuff in a rucksack. Having gone from the S rod on Gold Bug Pro to the pistol grip G2 on my last go I’m inclined back to the S rod at this point, but it’s a tough call now for me. But some have a stronger preference for sure.

From my perspective it’s more about coil choices, so more about looking at F19 with 5” x 10” closed DD versus Time Ranger with 7” x 11” open DD. In either case a NEL 3.5” x 6.5” Snake might be the primary use coil for what I do. In the past I would have opted for the 5” x 10” DD without thinking about it, but now I’m not so sure about that. I kind of like my coils to be as different as possible, and so going from the small Snake to the much larger 7” x 11” might give me a better spread of capability in a two coil package. And this may sound dumb but I really do like the blue and black color scheme!

Never owned a Bounty Hunter branded detector before but I guess there is a first time for everything. :smile:

bounty-hunter-time-ranger-pro-2020.jpg

Time Ranger with 7” x 11” DD search coil

00022D62-6CB5-4AFA-BF4C-B582FCC8FF02.jpeg
Fisher F19 with 5” x 10” DD search coil

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

In the past I would have opted for the 5” x 10” DD without thinking about it,....

How much of that had to do with using this detector to search for native gold?  I realize its days as a serious detector for that use (given the competitions' product capabilities since the Gold Bug family was introduced) have deteriorated.  (I'm not saying it won't do that decently, it's just that there are other choices which do it better.)

As a coin-jewelry-relic detector, the 5"x10" isn't optimum in most conditions, although in the woods where you need to squeeze between brush & weeds, it might still be the best choice.

11 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

How much of that had to do with using this detector to search for native gold?

You nailed it. In the past my focus was almost always on nugget detecting first and everything else next. That made the 5” x 10” a no brainer. But for general use the larger coil gets that smidge better ground coverage and depth. Fact is nearly all the gold I found with my F75 was with the 7” x 11” coil. Its a good form factor and has been emulated by many other manufacturers ever since. It’s just shades of gray and slivers of performance this way or that way on two coils that are relatively close in capability. A serious relic hunter might also prefer the 5” x 10” coil but for dense trash I’d opt for the Snake anyway so that’s not my concern.

Interesting watching me talk myself into something! :laugh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

What you have to ask yourself in these situations is would you use it?

I have remarkably few metal detectors at the moment. For me coils is a big deal. The V3i is a specialty machine for me, more about the Bigfoot coil than the detector really. The Equinox in theory is all I need except, except... they won't make any more coils for it!! The 24K could do the trick with the new 4" x 6" coil but it really is more a gold prospecting machine. Bottom line it is that Snake coil that is attracting me as much as the detector. In my case its kind of grab the Equinox and round 6" coil or TRP and 3.5" x 6.5" coil. With the 19 kHz being very EMI resistant I can easily see myself grabbing this to hit what we in the U.S. call the "tot lots", the playground areas where moms take the little kids.

Don't know, bottom line is I've always got along well with the Gold Bug Pro, but considered the F19/G2+ to be overpriced at the old $699 or more price level. At under $400 its more palatable, though even that is pushing it by today's standards. If FT did nothing more than pop a low latency Bluetooth module into these older designs it would help freshen them up a little.