Fake Garrett Pin Pointers

Someone posted this else where, after they sent in their pin pointer in to Garrett to have it repaired only to find out is was a Fake, Lucky for him he used Ebay Via Paypall and got his money back and the Son of a Chinese Meadow Lady has been reported,

Can you tell them apart ?? my guess is the top one is Real but I am not sure

johnpost-181-0-75676200-1441410785_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The "A" gives it away for me, but I'd never notice if someone didn't say one was different.

The real one is the top one. The decal is typographically correct, not some half assed photoshop job.

Now I have to go and check mine, becuase I've always had doubts about the odd "sweet spot" it has about half an inch up from the tip on the opposite side to the decal. Unless the target lies against that spot, it won't always detect it.

PRO-POINTER-logo.jpg

• Like 1

I bought one of those fake pin pointers direct from China a while back, just to see. Well I`m impressed with it but have never used another so can`t compare. No good for sub grammers unless your right on it, but great for that deeper larger stuff as your hole gets near it.

I guess it would not be so bad if they did not try to use another companies Brand, Like that company who copies the GPX 5000, But they changed the Colour and called it something else, I don't know if it was A PI or not but it really looked good in it's brown and Gold ?? colour scheme.

John