hello,

my friend send me this photo, of his fisher gold bug 2.
i think he got scammed, but seller refound him.

he said that the metal detector work but the switches and ground balance knob don't do anything, so he open the control box and they aren't soldered on the motherboard ( see the red circles in the photo) huh.gifdontknow.gif

someone have a picture of the fisher gold bug 2 pcb so we can understand where they had to be soldered, on internet i can't find any picture.

i know that metal detector is a stupid chinese copy, but my friend have bought it, he don't know a lot about metal detecting and don't have a lot of money so i want to help him.
So at least he can find someone when we go out, without dig iron if we solder the switch.

thanks

gold bug 2.jpg

• Sad 1

If that's a copycat, and it appears that it is, there may be no place to wire the switches where they will actually work. In other words, that's probably a generic detector circuit board they stuff in all kinds of fake detectors just so they turn on and beep. Not even close to being a real Gold Bug 2 board so probably a waste of time trying to make it into one. Just my guess.

I spent quite a bit of time with Google and checking Geotech and can find no pictures or schematics anywhere for the Gold Bug 2. Kind of surprising for such an old design. I have had several open in the past, wish I had taken some photos while I was at it now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arcanomistero said:

someone have a picture of the fisher gold bug 2 pcb so we can understand where they had to be soldered,

That circuit is definitely not a Goldbug 2. As Steve said, it is probably some other detector circuit they stuffed inside. Therefore, there is nothing you can do. The GB pot and switches cannot be soldered in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks very much guys.

yes my friend had the full refund from the chinese seller. now he will try use it in this condition maybe something can find, sure not gold but some junk 

for information i ceck the price for an original gold bug 2 in italy the seller ask 900€ and more

yes, they are very expensive i think for minelab product you pay also the brand name.

if someone have more information or picture, let me know. 

i will try to do some mods i like work on electronics, i don't have nothing to lost, also i have plenty of free time, i can't go out and leave my house

thanks

• Like 1