Breaking The Law (who's Next?)

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

So today I decided to take some advise that Againstmywill posted recently, and I cut my gain way back and decided to hunt the top couple of inches of ground. Boy did it pay off

Took my advice...said by no one else, ever! 😁

Glad you scored a ring! Was your digging faster so you could recover more targets?

• Thanks 1

A great detector with great finds and a petty face to go with it .haha

It’s really great to see the person behind the detector.

Chuck 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dogodog said:

Dogodog is a purely fictional character. ) 

Great finds and a good hunt.

What do you mean fictional character? I've read all of his posts for almost 6 months now, and just who could take such great pictures if he is not real?

• Like 1

Glad you got out, didn't have any trouble, enjoyed the Kruzer and made some great finds. 

Here in Colorado we can still go for walks, exercise and do a few errands as long as we don't leave the state basically. In Denver county we are supposed to stay  within the city limits, but I live 2 blocks from the county line and my bank, doctors and grocery store are all in the next county. So, I make sure  I take my dog for a walk in neighborhood parks and I just happen to take my detector too.......

Jeff

• Like 1

I'm not as pretty as I used to be, Time and stress have taken its toll. Ha Ha. The digging was much faster but after the first 50 targets things got a little slower. Being 6'3'' up and down gets old quick. I was thinking of hiring a professional target recovery expert!!  This coil is probably the best all around coil for the MK, And to my surprise,  It has way  better separation  in trashy area's than the 9'' coil. In deep mode you can dig 12'' + targets all day long. 

Jeff, you need to get your dog one of those  Detech SSP 5100's  with some wheels on it so the pup can contribute to the finds box.  Dog's got to earn his keep Ha Ha.   Stay safe all and have an awesome day

• Like 1

Glad the 11" is working well. If you had emi issues with the 11" then the 13 or 15 would slaughter you. Did you try frequency shift? I nudged my 14khz down a couple clicks so it doesn't blast my ears when I use my pinpointer.

How does iron mask on that coil? So far I picked up a couple finds that my other machines would have missed or been very difficult to find with the iron in the same hole.

For numbers the concentric will show different vdi especially on flat iron like b-caps. Surprised the 11 is that much different than the stock dd. I would think they would be the same. Regardless I don't really look at the vdi that often and go by the audio. Using mostly 2 tone mode with iron audio on n2 so iron doesn't cut out on the fringe. Very different than the way I run my Garrett and Tesoro where I use the fringe tone break. As an example if I break on a square nail iron disc 32-33 I rarely hear but a crackle in most my hunts and if there is another higher conductor nearby like a silver or copper etc. the crackle will be a recognizable signal even if the vdi says otherwise. Getting a hint of something else I can then approach the target at different angles and see if its worth bending over for.

I am finding this to be a bit trickier on the Kruzer probably because I am not used to it yet.

So anyways the n2 iron is worth a try.

Nice finds!

• Like 1

Since I just had to delete a post critical of breaking laws, let me point out that is tongue in cheek. The vast majority of us are under advisories regarding staying home and not congregating in groups. And in virtually all cases but a very few it’s ok to be outside, walk the dog, ride a bike, whatever. Just stay away from people. In other words, normal metal detecting. There can be no harm in detecting when nobody is within 100 feet, and it certainly is less risky than going to the grocery store, which people are doing every day. So let’s not go into “Quarantine Shame” mode here. Thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kac,

I haven't figured out the whole freq. shift thing yet, but when I'm in bad EMI I just turn my volume down some and work through it. That's how I found the ring at about 3''. As for the iron masking its pretty good but not as good as the 9''. I hunt just like you with the tone. That's where the MK works great, You run your non Fe tone at 35 and it gives a low tone on copper, brass and silver. Any high tone will be aluminium or gold. small iron will still give a low grunt. Works like a charm, just check your vdi for verification (and dig sometimes) The only pain for me is the coal slag and big iron pings pretty loud. 

• Like 1