Breaking The Law (who's Next?)

Might want to change the title of the topic Breaking the law... when you post your face in post hehe.

I finding 2 tone and deep mode great for relic hunting. Basically sorting small iron from non ferrous and go by size of the target.

Other day I tried to hit another old school built in the 30's that used to have an old farmhouse on the property. Evidently the house must have burned down because nearby was nothing but charcoal. The Kruzer struggled through that as all of it ran hot. Have to figure out how to work around that, not sure if anyone has tips on that.

• Like 1

Kac,

No way around it!! when your vdi's bounce from 12 to 99 and fade out and crackle and come back as you dance around the target, it's the dreaded coal. I just hunted an old 1800's farm field today and it was filthy with it. I dug every target and came up with enough coal to heat my house for a year and one and a half old spoons. Ha Ha. But I keep on taking the good with the bad. 

• Like 2

I have this same coil on my Multi Kruzer too, and love it.  Has anyone tried the smaller coils for really trashy areas?  I'm asking since there's still no coils out for the Simplex+ - that was going to be the trashy park detector.

DJ,

The 9'' is my go to coil for trashy area's . It works great but you need to slow way down when in the junk zone. This coil is amazing at separation, especially in 3 tone. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dogodog said:

DJ,

The 9'' is my go to coil for trashy area's . It works great but you need to slow way down when in the junk zone. This coil is amazing at separation, especially in 3 tone. 

Thank you!  I've been going back and forth between the 5", 7" and 9" coil.  I have noticed better results just slowing the swing down a little on the 11"   Those deeper, faint signals seem to show up much better that way, even if the VDI doesn't show anything.

• Like 1

3 tone mode with disc kicked up until it doesn't chatter too much usually between 3-7. Gain around 70-85. Fe volume at 2 (not notch "n2") and the rest I leave at factory settings and machine is nice and quiet in trash. If I hit a faint target I just bump up to 2 tone and see what it might be. Been able to pick through some brutal can slag and still find nickels, dimes and usual bits.

Dogodog is right about increase gain go slower so the machine can keep up. I tend to work slow anyways always looking for those missed targets as the ares I go have been pounded by so many people.

Pretty much the factory settings seem to be a very good baseline with little or no tweaking around here other than upping the disc to cool the chatter.

• Like 2

Bad Topic Title .... Great Topic Subject -- the Nokta / Makro round 11" DD coil.

It used to be a 'standard' coil was about 8" in diameter.  I've been using smaller-size coils since the summer of '68 with a 6" coil.  Today, I consider any coil from 4½" to 6" a 'smaller-size' coil, and a 7" round or something like a 5X8 or 5X9½ elliptical I call as 'mid-size' coil.

I have a Nokta CoRe and Relic and Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX and Minelab Equinox 800 I will keep a smaller-size coil mounted full-time.  I keep a 7" Concentric mid-size on my Impact and elliptical 'mid-size' coils on a Nokta CoRe and Relic, XP ORX and Minelab Vanquish 540.  The only 'standard' to ;'larger-size' coils I keep at-the-ready are a 9X12 DD on a Vanquish 540 and the round 11" DD on the Simplex +.  Within minutes after I got a prototype Anfibio 19 and mounted that 11" DD coil, I was totally sold on the coil design and performance capability.  Used it on the Anfibio Multi in wide-open areas such as grassy parks and plowed fi4lds.  For anyone who has asked about a bigger coil for depth and performance, the 11" DD is, by far, the Nokta / Makro coil I have suggested.

Enjoy it in those more open areas on your Multi-Kruzer..

Monte

• Like 1

Nice hunt...plenty of people here in the Bay Area using our parks..playing ball etc in twos and threes..the parking lots are blocked off so larger crowds are unable to accumulate...but it’s pretty much business as usual as long as you keep your distance...there is a east bay regional parks trail within 30 feet of my house and I have never seen so many people using it now that the stay at home rule is in effect. 

Strick

• Like 1

How heavy is the 13.5" coil compared to the 11"

Just curious as the stock dd so far is doing what it needs in the areas I have been hitting.