New Minelab Detectors Coming

Jin

Nope, you are the one breaking this news, and news it is! The good news - five key products!! The bad news - 2021 :mellow: It says fiscal year, which for Codan is July - June the following year, so if you want to hang your hope on that you might say this fall. I'll not be holding my breath though the way detector releases have gone as of late.

The report where you got that (dated March 3, 2020)...

https://codan.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Codan-Corporate-PowerPoint-Final.pdf

I see X-Terra is missing from the recreational listing so soon to be discontinued. And looks like GPX 4500 is still priced in with GPX so rumors of its end may have been exaggerated.

minelab-2020-product-lineup.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to New Minelab Detectors Coming
11 hours ago, phrunt said:

North America is not on their target list which was a surprise with the massive population.

Also Latin America is among the Gold Detectors Key markets.  I guess Todd Hoffman has started a gold rush south of us.  🤔

• Haha 1

Wow - owning a GPX makes me almost "Professional", guess I need to move up to the ZED so I can be fully professional.  Too bad I sold my Excal II after I got the Equinox, knocked me down a peg from almost "Expert" down to a simple "Enthusiast".  Well someday I'll rate as a semi-good detectorist.  Guess I just got to spend enough money.  :wink:

Probably wouldn't mind spending it on a "Multi IQ 2" based CTX replacement in 2021.  The target ID at depth and discrimination sophistication of the CTX with the weight, recovery speed, versatility and programming simplicity of the Equinox.  I can dream, I guess.  A lighter weight (but just as powerful) version of the GPX or ZED would be nice too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The way I read the ML FY20 half year result is that they just show the current fleet of detectors (with exception of X-terra). I don't think this necessarily means that the same fleet will be there next year. I still think the 4500 could disappear given it's life cycle and perhaps other changes are coming up too.

I would be highly surprised if they would let us know in their current 1/2 year update for sure what will happen to their product line going forward. The only thing that we know is that they work on 5 new machines. This does not mean much since they could all be at different stages of development, with some possibly years out.

The rumor mill needs to keep spinning I am afraid.

24 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Five new machines also doesn't mean five new machines

Good point, Simon!

Well 4 of the 5 are certainties.  

An upgraded, Multi IQ incorporated, slightly less weighty, improved target separation, easier to decipher display - CTX 4040.  The CTX 3030 will be put to bed.  

A non water proof SDC guts in a Monster/Equinox shell that will come standard with a centre attachment, modified version of the original coil but also allow the use of the already marketed Coiltek SDC options.  New version marginally cheaper than the old due to standard configuration of the head, rod, battery compartment, etc and be called the SDC 2.0.   The original SDC 2300 will remain in the line up.  

A slightly lighter, more ground modes, more gold modes, more raw power, better EMI suppression, larger Sensitivity pot GPZ 8000.  AU $1000 dearer than the old version currently and will plug and play to NF's new coils.   The GPZ 7000 will still be available but drop to AU $8,500.  The larger Sensitivity pot is mostly because Phrunt and JW can run at 20 so they figure they may as well push it out to 30 and see what happens  😜

Lastly, the good old GPX 5000 will simply see a long overdue makeover.  No new tech but smaller box, lighter weight, incorporated batteries, addition of wireless options similar to the Equinox where proprietary or open market audio can be used.   Finally, a factory standard completely wireless GPX!  

My neighbour's friend's cousin's auntie's dog's groomer didn't know what the 5th new detector was but Phrunt is probably right - it is probably just a Vanguish that comes in black, Camo, torquise or bright orange for the guys that sit them down to take a leak and then can't find them again!  

There's a few conspiracy theories going around the world at the moment, thought I might as well have a stab a few myself.  I'd also be genuinely interested to hear who wouldn't buy the 'new' models outlined above or who would buy them.  

I recognise they are 4 higher end models and not at the entry level but I personally see all of those machines as very purchasable.  Minelab, you watching?  And yes, of course I am available for testing  🤣😉🤫

All good fun, N.E.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

NE, At least 2 of those machines you quoted are 'on the money'... going by the whispers being generated for the past several months...