New Minelab Detectors Coming

Jin

21 minutes ago, Aureous said:

NE, At least 2 of those machines you quoted are 'on the money'

Happy to receive a commission for my refining ideas  😉

• Haha 1

A SDC in a nox Skin will be a winner i think......A new CTX mmmm really maybe  an Impulse "a la sauce" Minelab why not...

A GPX in a Nox box will also be a winner :) battery tech  need to evolve a bit

RR

Ever since the 2000 came out i have suffered alot of brain damage on forums  reading about the rumoured new minelab models and the speculation. Now that i have had professional medical help and i now have the experience and detect heaps i just buy the latest gold machine, the week they are released and detect away.

My biggest fear of new releases is praying the minelab design team dont muck up the design of any new coils and detectors.  Maybe one day having a decent length shaft, quality connections and plastic, and supplying a good shock proof detector/control box cover for our $9000 investment would be welcome. Military grade  detector specs so my detector can be kicked around daily in desert and temperate climates would be good.

I think it will be new models of the class:

1. new GPZ ...detector

2. new GPX ...detector

3. new CTX  detector- double-digit multi-IQ  "ID".... , on.. / 3khz-30khz / technology...

4. new Equinox model / EQ1000 /...- double-digit.. multi-IQ ID?  , on .. / 5 khz-40khz / technology..

5. new Gold detector  model ..with Gold multi-IQ on .. / 10khz-80khz / technology...

It's just my rough estimate of development ...

• Like 1

An 'Excal 3' has to be fairly easy to produce, based on Vanquish-level hardware.
The creative bit would be making it have cordless headphones.
[ have the 'receiver' in a glove/wrist-mounted unit, and the 'transmitter' near the handgrip, so they are close when in normal use ]

I'm glad to see the Etrac is still in the line-up as I've become a fan of it.

HH
Mike

Where did it say five new detectors or machines? I only read five new products. Maybe a pin pointer, backpack, hat. vest, and dog whistle? I doubt we'll see five new "machines" by end of next year from the five leading detector manufactures all together, but I do like all the positive thinking. 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, PimentoUK said:

An 'Excal 3' has to be fairly easy to produce, based on Vanquish-level hardware.
The creative bit would be making it have cordless headphones.
[ have the 'receiver' in a glove/wrist-mounted unit, and the 'transmitter' near the handgrip, so they are close when in normal use ]

Interesting wireless concept.  Still not sure how well that would work when both the handle transmitter and glove receiver are submerged, even though they are in close proximity to each other.  Vanquish is not waterproof and Equinox is not waterproof down to dive depths like Excal, so I am not sure what you are driving at with your Vanquish hardware comment.  I suspect an upgrade of the Excal dive form factor/water tightness  with Multi IQ vs. BBS might make sense.  Otherwise, you are just really talking about an Equinox, which exists today.

I'm sure I am just misinterpreting what you are trying to say, so feel free to set me straight.

"I am not sure what you are driving at with your 'Vanquish hardware' comment"
Permanent 'Beach Mode' , stripped down options, simple to operate, simpler LCD screen, less controls. And maybe an exchangeable battery pack .... though there are obvious water-tightness advantages to having a sealed-in rechargeable battery. And cordless charging would be a neat idea, like electric toothbrushes.

6 minutes ago, PimentoUK said:

"I am not sure what you are driving at with your 'Vanquish hardware' comment"
Permanent 'Beach Mode' , stripped down options, simple to operate, simpler LCD screen, less controls. And maybe an exchangeable battery pack .... though there are obvious water-tightness advantages to having a sealed-in rechargeable battery.

Problem with Vanquish is that it has no ground balance setting or tracking capability, unlike Equinox.  So I think it needs that for surf hunting where salt levels and black sand effects are constantly varying.  If they can make a cheap "beach mode only" equinox with tracking that might be the ticket.  Although, since I rarely stray from the defaults on beach mode, so in that regard Equinox is simple to operate on the beach.  The only advantage would be if they could market it at a significantly reduced price point that the full blown equinox because they limit the capability to beach mode.