New Minelab Detectors Coming

Jin

Good points, but in today's world where equipment can easily be flashed to the latest software release, I wonder if there could be some advantage to coming in second that wasn't there a few years ago.  I get it if the hardware is done...too much R&D money invested to change that quickly.  But software is much more nimble.

In any way, I'm hopeful that we'll see Minelab's new release of whatever, soon, and if the Nokta Makro release will be that impactful on the lineup. 

On 6/29/2021 at 8:28 PM, Ramius said:

I wonder if there could be some advantage to coming in second that wasn't there a few years ago.

I think in certain situations, there could be true. At the very least, it could be a benefit to coming second when it comes to pricing and marketing efforts.

However, in regards to software changes, any benefit from coming in second to adjust software can easily be "countered" by simply coming first, and making your machine easily updateable.

There's a great movie quote about how there are 3 ways to succeed in the financial world: 

1. Be smarter than everybody else.

2. Cheat

3. Be first.

Of the above three, it's a lot easier to just be first.

Not always accurate, but I think it can easily apply in the metal detecting world.

• Like 3