Other Hobbies

auminesweeper

Used to restore boats...somewhere I have a zillion pictures. Now it's gardening and fixing stuff that other people break...

Love that clown on the third youtube down He's got some voice...  just spent 45 min on youtube!

Oh yea fly fishing for striped bass works for me also

strick

• Like 2

I do ceramics...

That Is Incredible, I am in shock and awe I have never seen anything like it,

Sweet Gretsch, My brother has quit a guitar collection. About all I can do is strum a few chord's.

Too many interest my self. From Hot Rods, to shooting target Archery, and trying to find time to shoot some fly line. Cars take up a lot of $ and time.

But this prospecting is something I have always been drawn to. I find  it fascinating when learning about the old timers, etc.

My cousin that lived in Alaska and just recently passed away always told me. "Bear story's are like Gold story's up here. everyone has one."

It does sound Amazing when it is plugged in but it sounds pretty good when it is not, I use to restore US cars from the 50s back in OZ and I had my own work shops because I trained as a Mechanic and I use to build hot motors and tricking up the cylinder heads etc, and I had my own paint and panel shop because I trained as a panel beater and spray painter, and I use to make my own Bull Bars and lighting bars etc, Gee I loved making things right,

I got a cheep Fender acoustic last year and re learning.

Grew up on Country, 

Slide Trombone in HS band.

Like just about all music genres. From Italian Opera to Blue grass!

Great vocalists...

You Tube links..

https://youtu.be/5CeX5VEo10c

https://youtu.be/fZSiBj4vCiY

https://youtu.be/23rJ4D44It0

https://youtu.be/fxiaGIQp3Fc

well you should keep it up because it is a great thing when the world gets mixed up and when I play the world is a brighter place, keep up the good work,

Am I the only diehard metal head here? Haha. Do love some bluegrass too.

Over the years I have learned there is no bad music just bad players, all music is good if it is played right,

My hobbies: backpacking, hunting, fishing, prospecting, kiss my wife's *ss and repeat.

Lol, your such a romantic :wub:

I use to fish and Shoot and hunt a lot in OZ I even won medals for Shooting, I still have some of my kit but my Guns have all gone because they take a Dim view of that sort of thing over here,  damn it.

john

Used to restore boats...somewhere I have a zillion pictures. Now it's gardening and fixing stuff that other people break...

Love that clown on the third youtube down He's got some voice...  just spent 45 min on youtube!

Oh yea fly fishing for striped bass works for me also

strick

That's cool, working on boats is a bit of a specialized thing and can turn costly if someone tries to fix it them selves,,

Fly fishing is good way to enjoy peace and quiet and the wilderness, and there is a fair bit of skill involved too,

john

Paul that second video is so true, with what Duane says at the  end and what Skinny Jim says about writing songs around that Guitar,

There is something about it that when you here someone play a tune my fingers seem to know what he did and I can picture it and even if I have never played it before and can do it or I say to myself "So That's how he did that", My guitar sounds like every sound you heard on that Video or you can make it sound like Chet, It's Like an Angel when it sings, 

Oh and Paul I have a confession to make do you remember that Guy in the Sharp looking Suit with the Red.Orange Accoustic Gretsch, Well within a week of buying my Tennessee Rose I bought this, Because I was so worried of damaging the Tennessee Rose I bought the Rancher to Practice on,

The Gretsch Rancher also a Reissue of the 50s model

John

post-181-0-88407900-1441610717_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I do ceramics...

Wow, 1515Art you are incredibly talented! Beautiful works. I had to go get my wife and show her.

Beautiful guitar, John.

When I'm not swinging a detector I'm hunting/shooting. I'm not artistic nor musically talented. Wish I were.