Other Hobbies

auminesweeper

Norvic,

you weren't kidding when you said you were into astronomy, that is some nice set up what kind of tube do you have inside? I used to have a compustar 8, but sold it back in 1999 because it wasn't y2k compliant and wouldn't work accurately after 2000. I saw a lot of cool stuff, the telescope made it pretty easy, so easy i've forgotten most of what i learnt.

attachicon.gifIMGP1184.JPG

1515art, Wow, your patience and attention to detail are to be envied.

Other than detecting, I`m into barra fishing, Astronomy and RC thermal gliding.

That is So Cool, To have in your own Yard,  Over here the Stars just don't look the same and In OZ and the U.S. you see so much more at night, I once counted 37 shooting stars when I was night fishing in OZ,

Oh now I am home sick, :(  :(  :(

Thanks everyone but to be clear, only the ceramics are mine the jade carving is not my work, the jade is done by friends of mine in China. Buy luck and chance I know a bunch of different jade carvers over in China and the work they do is amazing. This one carver in a city called Nian, works mostly in clear quartz crystal of all different shapes and sizes. A mine in Brazil saves him these 5 ton flawless clear crystals, I saw at least a dozen being worked on and another dozen waiting for design inspiration sitting in different rooms, his studio was two stories tall and had about 50 rooms. In the rooms with the large clear crystals where the carvers were working, each large crystal had 6 or so carvers working all at the same time with small powered diamond tipped tools and the large carvings taking 5 years each to cut and polish... now thats patience.

I also like to fish and have a little 21 foot Grady White with a walk around cabin that I usually launch in Santa Cruz or Moss Landing, sometimes I also fish San Francisco Bay and also go out the gate. We should put together a little fishing trip while the weather is good, two weeks ago we hit some nice big Vermilions about an hour up the coast from santa cruz.

I love that Boat, I would have trouble deciding whether to go detecting of fishing if I owned that, but either way I would be one happy Dude. :wub:  :wub:

• Like 1

Tube is a Celestron CPC800, with a 90mm Vixen Catadioptric mounted on it for a spotter when taking video through main scope.

• Like 2

Tube is a Celestron CPC800, with a 90mm Vixen Catadioptric mounted on it for a spotter when taking video through main scope.

That is a serious piece of kit,

I was playing with my spotting scope one night looking at the moon and it just about filled the whole lens and right out of no where a Huge Owl flew right across the centre of the lens and frightened the life out of me, lol. 

john

our optics were pretty similar i think, mine was just an older drive system and i had to lug around a car battery to run it your setup is much nicer. an 8 inch tube gets you everything you need. I used to go out with a friend who had an old 11 inch orange tube. his optics were really good, but the difference in what you can see is not that big a difference between the 8 and 11 and the bigger tube and mount is a beast to haul around.

I love that Boat, I would have trouble deciding whether to go detecting of fishing if I owned that, but either way I would be one happy Dude. :wub:  :wub:

I bought it 2 years ago in a very soft boat sale market for not much more than i paid for the GPZ from a retired mountain view firefighter who moved up to a larger boat. it's a 1997 almost exactly like the 2015 except mine has a two stroke, i don't mind the 2 cycle engine and this one runs great...

• Like 1