Knot A Big One, But It's A Tie

Hit the football field close to home today for a few hours. About 20 minutes in, a strong 7/8 blared out. Down about 1-2 inches was the 14K ring. Only change after that, but it was great to find gold again. 15" Equinox coil covering ground again today; love that coil.

IMG_20200404_173320.jpg

IMG_20200404_173355.jpg

IMG_20200404_200643.jpg

IMG_20200404_200658.jpg

IMG_20200404_200704.jpg

IMG_20200404_200913.jpg

• Like 8

Looks like lotsa digging Againstmywill , a well deserved find , congrats . Not so lucky in the Aussie Golden Triangle and all of Victoria  . All recreational hobbies have been banned including prospecting , fishing , etc , plus all unnecessary  travel , except for food and other essentials ( Doctors , Chemists ) Looks like we understand your Cabin Fever better now .

Keep Safe , as well as to all Detector Prospector members ,

Cheers goldrat

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I too really like the 15" Equinox coil, I use it far more than the 11" for coin/jewellery hunting

I have not had the 15" off for a long time. It just covers so much ground and is able to pick through a remarkable amount of trash for me with the recovery set to 7. 

• Like 2

Great finds and a nice little ring to boot.

Happy hunting on your next trip.

• Thanks 1

Your going to need some more fingers, I'm sure my wife would donate a couple Ha Ha. Good job !!!  I believe the hexagon tack looking thing in the background is a plaster fastener. They were used to hold the wire to the plaster board in commercial construction. Around 1950's/1960's. I've found 2 in the last couple days

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

Your going to need some more fingers, I'm sure my wife would donate a couple Ha Ha. Good job !!!  I believe the hexagon tack looking thing in the background is a plaster fastener. They were used to hold the wire to the plaster board in commercial construction. Around 1950's/1960's. I've found 2 in the last couple days

I would not have guessed that. I thought it might have been off of a key holder. Thanks for mentioning it.

2 hours ago, dogodog said:

I believe the hexagon tack looking thing in the background is a plaster fastener. They were used to hold the wire to the plaster board in commercial construction. Around 1950's/1960's.

I've found those too and didn't know what they were.  Do you mean drywall (made of gypsum)?

Nice ring, AMW!  So it rang up 7/8 on the Eqx (well below USA nickel coin TID of 12/13).  I wonder how many I've missed with mental discrimination, trying to avoid digging so much aluminum foil....  🤔

• Thanks 1

GB, Back in the real early 50's drywall wasn't readily available, but they used what they called plaster board it was kinda the predecessor to modern drywall. It pretty much looked just like drywall, in 3/8'' x 16'' x 96'' configuration. they would push these tacks through the gypsum board and bend them over to attach the wire lathe to it. Then they would apply the base or brown coat and finish it with the white or plaster coat. Also they were very rarely used in residential applications. I find them in the strangest spots, And wonder how in the heck did that get there? I finally got to help you that makes me feel pretty good. I still owe you a lot more !!!!