• Like 1

Very nice good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

Don't you just LOVE gold showing up?

Nice find.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Beauty is judged by it's weight on gold and platinum rings right?

Nice finds!

• Like 1

Why is all the gold in California Ha Ha , I'm jealous, Northern California is not only beautiful but it has gold too!! I haven't found that wonderful color in about 2 years. It's kinda like fishing, If you don't fish for the fish your looking for you just might not find it. I think you just gave me the inspiration to focus on the yellow stuff. Great finds!!! and post some photo's of the scenery. It's been quite awhile since I've been there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dogodog said:

I'm jealous, Northern California is not only beautiful but it has gold too!

It also has the trash of >100.000 old timers  buried. Most places don't even have a clean area where you can put down your detector without your headset blowing off your ears. The GPZ is great in finding those beautiful sounding deep targets, which turn out not seldom to be large pieces of mining equipment junk left behind >>100 years ago. Of course, unearthing this junk will often take you > 2 feet of digging, which makes this even more fun. 

Don't get me wrong. I like it up here. The Sierra's are beautiful and there are spots where you find gold. But for the most part I use my SDC and focus on bedrock. My GPZ I use more in the desert (NV, Southern-CA, AZ). For really hopeless areas only the GM1000 with iron meter allows for some hunting fun.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 12:44 PM, strick said:

The wife and I spent a night at a small town beach area back in mid Feb...we brought our detectors just for fun...not my first pick as it's cold and windy most of the time with not many people  but my wife likes these areas north of Petaluma as she grew up in that area...Lisa was learning her new Nox 800...she found a few coins and lots of trash...I got lucky as I did not expect to find a gold ring...at first I thought it was 10K but it acid tests 14K like it's stamped....not the prettiest ring but gold is gold....the little one is silver.... some lady and her 5 year old daughter were on their hands and knees watching as I sifted it out of the sand...they were as surprised as I was..

strick

20200223_160024.jpg

20200223_160126.jpg

Very nice gold ring!

congrats!