Another Pi Hunt

Gotta like those finds, Mark! Which coil were you using? I found my first knife a week ago, out on the desert. It was in much worse shape than yours.

Jim

Nice stag handle pocket knife, can you read the make on it?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

Gotta like those finds, Mark! Which coil were you using? I found my first knife a week ago, out on the desert. It was in much worse shape than yours.

Jim

Jim, I was using the Super Pulse 350.  I still can't believe this stuff was found, I was as sure as can be I had this area cleaned out.  Also this large coil is very easy to pinpoint.  Hunted again last night and found this, it gave a lot of excitement until I got home and could see it was costume jewelry.  But exciting to find none the less. 

Little story behind this ring.

Got to the site just to learn I'd forgot to bring an apron to put trash in so I had to use my pockets.

After an hour of relentless hunting, only digging aluminum shards, and beer tabs, I was just about to give it up for the day.

Dug one more target, which turned out to be a block of iron.  Didn't want to try and get that into my pocket I decided to throw it over in the brush on the boarder of the school.  Threw as hard as I could but the piece landed on the edge of the school yard.  Me being me I had to walk to the location and pick the piece up.  Deciding to detect to where I was I turned around and less than 3 feet from where the iron piece landed I got this super sweet audio.  Rotated around the target and it just sounded good, dug and this is what I found.  Recap the story, if I had not forget the apron I would never had found the ring.

As you said Jim I think this coil is a sleeper.

20200406_192302.jpg

20200404_195531.jpg

• Like 3

Time will tell, but I'm really starting to like it. Nice find on the ring, by the way, even if it isn't gold.

Jim

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

As you said Jim I think this coil is a sleeper.

And I recall a couple years ago at one of their online 'garage sales' they were practically giving those away.  Glad you're making the most of yours.

• Like 1

When I first tried mine, I was not impressed. But last summer, searching for stage robbery loot, I was amazed at the relic finds I was making. Same this spring. Air testing on a 1 grain gold bar is around 3"....every bit as good as the 12"DF. I'm starting to think this is a pretty decent coil, but need to do more testing in my test garden.

Jim

• Like 2