Minelab Marketing

Minelab has sent me a couple of emails to 'join the team' and I have attempted to sign in but the Wooly marketing website requires a twitter, facebook or instagram account.

I don't have these and no one responds.  What is this 'team' all about?

https://ambassador.wooly.com/minelab/signup/join/S0MyWXFUTGc4c05zMWcwOXBBVkFTUUQySjRUTWdCMnRFVUJ6cHhKQlFsM3I4blFzV1lPcld4VDJYOW96NEQzTHBSSjBOVVUxdmtaTW45VUp1bVdOcWc9PQ==

Mitchel

Thanks.  I read the other thread.  The Wooly administration of it and the connection to the social influencers is confusing for someone that tries to avoid all things 'social' on the internet.

We are on Steve's social site.  He could drop on a dictionary of key marketing words and increase his traffic.  I'm glad that he doesn't.

• Like 1

Are you signed up on their website?  I assume they sent me this email because I'm a registered owner or I signed up for the Treasure News/Find of The Month a long time ago but I very rarely go to the site.

11 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I'm a registered owner

I'm a registered owner too - no emails. 

Might be the Find of the Month thing - I've never got involved in that.   

The only emails I get are Miners Den emails.  A Minelab dealer here in Oz.  Not sure if you went to the Bendigo store Mitchel?  

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Are you signed up on their website?  I assume they sent me this email because I'm a registered owner or I signed up for the Treasure News/Find of The Month a long time ago but I very rarely go to the site.

Yup, have a website account with current email, have warranty registered multiple machines, Find of the Month winner, etc. And just what does that website account do for registered owners? Not a thing as far as I can tell. Minelab marketing does a very poor job engaging existing owners, but then they all do.

• Like 1

The service department is very good when you contact them.  They were stretched a bit thin before this year with the shows.  You had to make first contact with someone out in the field if you called on a Friday.  A couple of times I didn't get a call back until Monday and then you would get the RMA.  They would keep it within their system of employees.

This new marketing effort is a bit of outsourcing to Wooly.  That is part of the email address with a /minelab.  I sent an email to Wooly and got a quick response from them wanting to set up a phone call to speak about my 'brand management' and what they could do for me.  It seems that Wooly and Minelab marketing have a high hurdle to jump before their users are willing to share with them because of being 'ignored' in the past.

20 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

They don't even send me marketing emails anymore; must have really pissed off somebody in marketing!

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab marketing does a very poor job engaging existing owners,...

And there you go again!

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2020 at 3:32 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

They don't even send me marketing emails anymore; must have really pissed off somebody in marketing! :laugh:

My gut reaction is that you're too honest.

No, just not pretty enough. They prefer to use actual models in their promotional stuff these days. No actual detecting experience required - no, that husky military looking he man does not actually use metal detectors. They never actually talk but they do look good. I guess I'm just jealous! :laugh: