My Nugget Detecting Kit

I am sure some of us are more equipped than others to live off the land beardog. I guess it all depends on the situation you are anticipating. In my case I am never more than a few miles from my vehicle. The only scenario that makes sense to me is that I have hurt myself badly enough I can't get back to my rig. A bad fall perhaps? In which case my goal is not to live off the land, but to be rescued immediately. Therefore the two way satellite communication device.

Or I am in middle of nowhere, out of cell phone range, vehicle breaks down. Again, communications is the key.

• Like 1

This thread is getting dragged off topic, sorry for that. I guess we all have our own comfort level and ideas of what makes us secure. 

The HipStick - I had heard of these before but this is the first time I have seen one. They look very efficient and functional. I have been wanting to make something to relieve the stress of swinging all day. Now that I have seen one I have some ideas for my own creation. A great addition to my gear!

Cell Phone? What's a cell phone?

featherdfishead - I love merino wool - getting harder to find every year tho. Fortunately, it last a long time.

In response to a query by delnorter…

This is a like product to the one I carry,

it's not the exact one, but it accomplishes the same thing.

http://www.celoxmedical.com/usa/

• Like 1

In response to a query by delnorter…

This is a like product to the one I carry,

it's not the exact one, but it accomplishes the same thing.

http://www.celoxmedical.com/usa/

Super glue and ductape, been using it in the garage for years.

Ivan

Or, yes super glue and duct tape…

Both approaches work great.

It is just good to have some sort of wound management available.

Stuff happens, as we all know. 

This has been a really great thread with some ideas that will have me updating my own kit. Thanks everyone for all the wonderful ideas and suggestions!

This is what the Internet should be for. Helping each other out. You guys are great and I really do thank you all for participating.

• Like 2

Thanks flakmagnet for the link and yes Ivan, what a great combination; super glue and duct tape. I've used both for field injuries. I just like the idea of a coagulating agent for heavy bleeding. 

In the hills of the northwest you don't have to be very far from the nearest road to be in really rough country, more often than not out modern communication range. It seems a packet of the stop bleeding powder with duct tape would be great light weight combination for injury.

Thanks again guys,

Mike

PS, yes Harry, I also always have dental floss. Tough stuff!  Great thread Steve.