My Nugget Detecting Kit

Beings I always seem to try to carry the kitchen sink, I have found my pack to be killing me. I feel like the fng in Platoon with unnecessary crap.

Between the water in the camel back and the minelab battery then a nail pouch on another belt that has a pointer and scoop. A few snacks in the pack, gps for marking anything important, oh and lets not forget the pick. I have even been leaving my little first aid kit back in the truck to avoid that bit of weight. But that needs to change.

I too have patched myself up too many times to count with superglue. Quick Clot is always in my packs as well. The last time I should have just got stitched up properly as I still have nerve damage up to my thumb.

At least the water going away makes things get lighter, and when its done so am I. I feel like my ass is dragging my tracks out half the time.

I think I need to lose the finds nail pouch belt and do something different to carry all my square nails and lead out in.

I'm always open to suggestions.

Sample bags are in my pack too. The ziplocks with the white bar across them for labeling work pretty decently for cheap ones.

Something that not everyone has a use for but if anyone likes making prospecting videos, I bought one of those $3 Amazon cell phone tripods with all the adjustable balls and it's the best $3 I ever spent, that thing packs away easy and is so much easier for shooting videos than trying to hold the phone with 1 hand and dig with the other.

• Like 1

An emergency flare is a portable blow torch that will allow you to start a fire easily even in the harshest conditions. I used to keep one in my pack when big game hunting in the winter months....and used it...

strick

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wow I like the gotenna Scott, a very handy addition to a detecting pack.

I also sometimes pack a small strobe.

They are amazingly bright at night and can be seen for many miles.

I like knowing the technology is there though…the range is disappointing

and as you say Scott, the price steepish. 

The Garmin Rino (which is GMSR 5 watts), is the best way I have found to stay in contact with partners.

but it's pricy too.