Winter Finds With Nox 800 And Sov. Gt

2 hours ago, midalake said:

Gold is in the front row with he rings on paper clips, silver is in the back and the clumped up picture

Nice finds there, just wish I could have blown up the picture so I could get a better look at everything.

Happy hunting on your next outing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’m very impressed especially by the number of chains you are recovering!

Yes, and most neck chains I find are still attached. It is very rough where I hunt and the waves just lift the chains right off their necks. I had numerous reports of gold ones missing but could not find one. It never really roughed up enough to move gold around. 

• Like 1

I like that peace tree pendant? found one a long time ago but not gold....nice work esp on all those chains!

strick

For someone who's never found a chain I have to bow to you! That is a crazy amount of chains and bracelets you have there! What is some advice for someone in the field trying to dig a chain or two? Do you use all metal or do you discriminate iron, I'm guessing you dig everything as you probably should when jewelry detecting? How do the chains and bracelets sound when you go over them? The ones I have at the house all sound a little choppy when I test them. I was told of a gold chain and a gold charm in the sand at a salt beach and I managed to find the charm but I never found the chain. The sand was a slope where at high tide is wet and it dries out at low tide but is still moist.

On 4/11/2020 at 2:26 PM, DukeBoxer said:

For someone who's never found a chain I have to bow to you! That is a crazy amount of chains and bracelets you have there! What is some advice for someone in the field trying to dig a chain or two? Do you use all metal or do you discriminate iron, I'm guessing you dig everything as you probably should when jewelry detecting? How do the chains and bracelets sound when you go over them? The ones I have at the house all sound a little choppy when I test them. I was told of a gold chain and a gold charm in the sand at a salt beach and I managed to find the charm but I never found the chain.

Hi Duke

Well lets start with the why's. The beach I hunt is rough. There are almost no days you can be in the wave break. People body surf and use boogie boards.  The wave break would either give you bruises or kill you. Sadly there were three deaths on the beach this season.
These conditions allow for chains to be lifted right off your neck. Also when people get tumbled it makes for conditions to lose wrist chains as well. 

How's, I have over 20 years experience on this beach. Experience helps. I can tell what I am finding on a given day and the conditions dictate that there might be chains in the mix. I am an advocate of hunting low tide and being as far down the slope as possible. As I get older, it gets more difficult to be where I want to be. My body is not taking the pounding as much and my strength is starting to diminish.  

Signals, Both of my gold wrist chains this year were found with the Nox. The smaller a soild 3, the larger a solid 8 both chains were just below the surface. I rarely find chains with pendants. The GT sovereign in all metal pinpoint mode will find ANY chain any other detector can, and will find MORE chains than other detectors. 

I hunt with the Nox in Disc. mode, and the GT Sov in all metal pinpoint mode. I do dig everything with the Sov, but am able to tell and pass on a few junk items. 

And yes. I do find plenty of charms that are chain-less. Hope this helps.

Dave