Show Me Your Pick

As most of you guys noticed I make and sell picks, this all came about from me making picks for myself and other detectorist wanting to know where they could get one.

So I would like to know, 

What are you using? 

What do you like about it? 

What do you dislike? 

What handle length, inches?

How about a picture of your pick.

Ivan

I use the medium and large hermit pick thatBill Southern sells...it is light-weight, strong and has a nice scoop...the only thing it lacks is a place where the magnet cannot slide away from....pics of the picks and the wall that they helped me build...

fred

post-77-0-16318900-1441805868_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-49192500-1441805926_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I fabricated this pick a 3 months ago. It's an idea I had for a few years and finally followed through on. It was pricey to build but it does a great job grabbing up iron and it's easy to wipe off the metal and black sands. The underside magnets are 1/8 thick the large outside mag. is 1/4 thick.

post-619-0-06886300-1441807576_thumb.jpg

post-619-0-41130100-1441807621_thumb.jpg

Guest Paul (Ca)

I'll show a pic of my pick once I find it, just recently purchased it a few months ago. It's heavy, off balanced handle feels terrible but was needed at the moment. I am looking for a light weight pick, my old trusty one was lost up in gold country so currently using the off balanced one.

Paul

Guest Paul (Ca)

Ivan, I may consider one of your picks in the near future. Taking a break from serious detecting for the moment, an looking for a better pick to be honest.

Paul