My TDI Pro Has Arrived

I'm looking at No CA with what has to be the trashy places in the world for detectorists !!! lol

If I can get in and clean up surface trash by raking with magnets and then work a "SL-007"-- i think that would be a good thing...

There are still 10 million buts here too but getting rid of some of the trash might get me digging where i normally won't..

I haven't tried that with the Super 7005 yet.... i am just now starting to learn how to set it----

paul

Sounds like a plan, If you put on a big coil on the 7005 and hold it off the ground it should ignore the surface junk, Something like the 15" coiltek WOT Coil should do the trick, and by using something like the 7.5khz or lower will help ignore the tiny junk too,

There is plenty of info out there on how to make the SL ignore trash and theres a good post of Steve's on coin shooting with the TDI. so you won't be stuck for ideas,

john

• Like 1

Crickey Paul, Johns getting to us....... thinking about parting with our Invincibles, jumping ship and getting a Whites, is there no end to our toy quest?.

• Like 2

Crickey Paul, Johns getting to us....... thinking about parting with our Invincibles, jumping ship and getting a Whites, is there no end to our toy quest?.

I just can't fight it any more,, If it can bleep I am buying it, I'm going to order 500 smoke alarms, they are like heavy metal bleepers in the bleeping world (Just so you know I was not swearing just then ) :D  :D  :D

• Like 2

Your "weak" John, but for me that`s like the pot calling the kettle black. Crikey you need a bloody big extinguisher for the fire.

• Like 1

Your "weak" John, but for me that`s like the pot calling the kettle black. Crikey you need a bloody big extinguisher for the fire.

I know, I just cant help my self,

But I'm not putting the flames out til the Snags are done, even I've got scruples ya know, plus I flaming starving, lol

Oh no----- no way---

i was just thinking of helping him out of his addiction---- my thoughts were only to help in his time of need......grinning!!!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I just been out side play with my new toy and although I could not ground balance it due to all the steel in the concrete So I set both GB knobs to around One O'clock flicked it in to low and I Max out the Gain and it did not warble or chirp it just stayed rock solid and I live in the city, and I bring it indoors and turn off the GB I can turn it up to the max in high or Low it won't make a sound, That's pretty impressive and They said on the Whites forum it should be able to see a Quarter over 12 inches, well I can pick out the signal at way past 12 inches, and .22 bullets are at insane depths.

john

• Like 1

I just been out side play with my new toy and although I could not ground balance it due to all the steel in the concrete So I set both GB knobs to around One O'clock flicked it in to low and I Max out the Gain and it did not warble or chirp it just stayed rock solid and I live in the city, and I bring it indoors and turn off the GB I can turn it up to the max in high or Low it won't make a sound, That's pretty impressive and They said on the Whites forum it should be able to see a Quarter over 12 inches, well I can pick out the signal at way past 12 inches, and .22 bullets are at insane depths.

john

John  how does the PRO compare to the SL.?   big difference.?  little difference.?

Your thoughts?

Ivan

John  how does the PRO compare to the SL.?   big difference.?  little difference.?

Your thoughts?

Ivan

Well there they say it should air test a Quarter at about 12" well that's rubbish because if you set the Frequency control right you can add 50% on to those figures On a Quarter the Air test difference is about ONE inch +/- 1/2", If I walk within 22" from a 45 degree angle to the coil it will pick up the hook and eyes on my boots yet the SL see them at a lot less and although the Pro is half as much again in weight the Balance is about the best I have ever used and because of that it does not feel heavy,

I like the Name of it so It does make you feel good and if you tune it right I don't think there is much between it and the GPX 5000 and if you are in an EMI Gallery then The Pro Will Monster the 5k, as I said I am in the City and Both Machines will run flat out in Low Conductivity, I am 60 yards off the high street with SAT dishes and Cell Towers and what ever else you can think of and they both will run smoothly on 10=MAX

I have a video of both machines Threshold running at full gain indoors it only short but I am sorry I forgot to tune the SL's Frequency control, I will send it to you via PM

tell me what you think, ok

john

• Like 1