New Simplex Won't Turn On

Hello all! Just recieved my Simplex today from Kellyco, set it up, charged the machine and I cant get it to turn on. So I let it charge for around an hour. It just flashes the Simplex logo while charging. So I unplugged it, took it outside and hold the power button down for the 3 seconds or longer and nothing. I dont know if I'm doing something wrong or if I need to contact Kellyco. Appreciate any help you may have. Thanks.

Make sure the charge connector is fully screwed in then plug it into the power bank. A battery level indicator should show if its charged or charging.

• Like 2

Hello Chuck, thanks for the reply. When I plug it in to charge it just starts flashing the display with the Simplex logo on and off. Doesnt show any indication of a battery level. Then if I unplug the machine, the display goes dark. Try to turn it on, I get nothing.

Greg

What Kac told you is correct in every way.

I have a hard time getting the plug in all the way. So please be sure it’s in all the way. After that you may need to get in contact with Kellyco .

The repair center is great!

Chuck 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kac said:

Make sure the charge connector is fully screwed in then plug it into the power bank. A battery level indicator should show if its charged or charging.

kac, thanks for the reply. I checked again. I have the connection in tight and the supplied power bank plugged in. Its showing the same Simplex logo with no battery indication. 

1 minute ago, Ridge Runner said:

What Kac told you is correct in every way.

Chuck know I have a hard time getting the plug in all the way. So please be sure it’s in all the way. After that you may need to get in contact with Kellyco .

The repair center is great!

Chuck 

Copy that, I appreciate your input. I just wanted to make sure I tried everything before I call Kellyco. Thank you.

Just maybe Kellyco will send you another but if not call repair center.

The first month the speaker went out on mine and I got a new one. It’s a great detector when working.

Sorry wish we could be more helpful.

• Like 1

Think Kellyco might just swap it out for you, they are pretty good. Hop on the phone though as they may take a while to get back to you by email.

I know that connector is bit tough to screw in on my kruzer, looks like the same on the simplex.

• Like 2

Dilek said she was going to look into having to pay when it went out so soon.

It cost me 50 bucks to send it back to Georgia from Texas.It was sent back on a two day mail and I think I have Dilek to thank for that .

Best of luck to you!

Chuck 

• Like 2