So May 15th Is The Date --- Garrett Apex

Sven1

This will be interesting. Garrett dangling a carrot, who is going to jump.
Should be interesting to see if its another cellphone on a stick.
The new Apex is being compared to the Garrett Ace.
So competition will be the Simplex, Vanquish, Nox, Quest?
Thumbs up to Garrett.

Update 5/15/2020 - The new Garrett Ace Apex has been announced - Details Here!

Please a small coil, not just another manhole cover!!!

ccc.png

• Like 3

Don’t we have enough low cost detectors ?

I don’t want the price to go out of site but would like to see something in comparison if not somewhat better than the Nox .

Changing the color of the plastic don’t make it better are new .

Chuck 

• Like 2

I would love a new Garrett. Garrett is what I started with and would like to see a multi frequency, waterproof detector with a 9”-10” coil. Add to that a balanced shaft. Also needs to be able to suck gold out of the sand like a vac. Not too much to ask for? Lol!

• Like 3

Garrett Apex ... Zaujalo ma toto: „Nová technológia“ .... takže čakáme na ďalšie video .....👍 :wink:

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Apex dictionary definition - the highest point of achievement; a climax. 

If their highest point of achievement is another variation of an Ace   .............. 310407497_blackeye.png.5dc1203d6939674791053a1911863763.png

Their elusive promo videos..... Trying to build excitement, Oh my, I cant hardly wait .It's quite funny though the text at the end of the video, due to the virus nobody was harmed in the making of this video 😛  And the video starts off in black and white, you know.. a homage to how TV's were when they last released a detector.  At least it gives me something to do while in lock down 🙂

Don't worry, I am sure they will come out with an Apex Summit Pinnacle - Pro Max series as they "ascend" to the "highest peak" of detector design, but it will take about 10 years to do it.  It's sounding more like a high tech golf ball than a metal detector.

I am sure the engineers and designers cringe once the marketing guys take over with their pomotional campaigns...

Hope Garrett does come up with something that leans forward rather than plows the same ground as their competition.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe Garrett will surprise us and have something interesting at the entry level. I’m expecting it to have most of these features 
—lightweight

—rechargeable 

— waterproof???

— fast recovery

— iron volume

— various  and preprogrammed modes

— multi frequency?????

— priced below AT Pro

— updateable 

— unique coil design and shape/ size

will see on 15th

ive never had a Garrett so will see just how interesting this Apex really is

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

makes me think it's solar powered 🙂

You may have noticed that Garrett is located in Texas, and the videos seem to bear that out.  Even mentioning 'solar power' in a state that exists because of oil wells....  Good thing you're half a world away.😅

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked