So May 15th Is The Date --- Garrett Apex

Sven1

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's kinda funny when they say you don't need batteries, it makes me think it's solar powered 🙂 Having a built in battery still means it needs a battery.

Could it run off of an ultra or super capacitor? That was my second thought. My first thought was poor script writing.

Okay guys you have had enough fun with a Texas made detector.

Here is the true unwritten story of this detector until now. What I’m about to say you can take it to the bank and be a cold day in you know where before you can cash it.

This detector weight of it is just one pound and like said it has no need for a battery. You remember the day of a crystal radio. This detector will work the same way that radio did . The coil will look like a cow patty and you will have a calf patty coil also . This coil will let you hunt in a place that was off limits to you before in Texas  to hunt . In this detector you don’t call it a multi frequency but a multi bull sh— . The cow patty coil is wireless and you don’t have a shaft but you what you do is push the cow patty coil around with your foot. One thing you have to remember and that is don’t step on your coil because that’s puts you in deep sh- -

Come Friday you may find some difference in what I said about what this detector has to offer.

Chuck 

• Haha 1

Only generates enough electricity power a watch, though.  Besides, Garrett hasn't even used rechargeable batteries yet (until perhaps the Apex) so I seriously doubt they are on the cutting edge of power technology, to say nothing of detector technology.

• Like 1

Well, my final guess before tomorrow. I’m expecting an update/replacement for the Ace series. Basically Ace detectors in a slick new compact package, with rechargeable batteries and built in Z-Lynk. The Ace 250 came out in 2006, almost 15 years ago. It’s been a fabulously successful series for Garrett. However, I think right now a person would be nuts to buy an Ace when you can get a Vanquish for comparable prices. I doubt we will see multifrequency, but getting rid of the old bullet housing and going rechargeable and wireless at good prices would be enough to keep Garrett in the game. Certainly would beat anything Whites and First Texas offers in the lower price range. It’s amazing that things like wireless headphone capability is still too advanced for some so-called industry leaders to get their heads around. Garrett unlike the others have done a good job with their Z-Lynk technology and will no doubt be expanding its use across the product line. Even their pinpointer has gone wireless.

Note - I was right except on Multifrequency!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Garrett unlike the others have done a good job with their Z-Lynk technology and will no doubt be expanding its use across the product line.

Something that Minelab can't seem to bring itself to do. Their wireless modules are frustratingly, purposefully made to be non-compatible across detector lines even though inside each one of those non-compatible modules is the same proprietary Wi-Stream wireless technology.  Nuts. Glad Garrett didn't make the same mistake with Z-Lynk.

• Like 1

If it is indeed an upgraded "Ace Series" I sure hope they make the display bigger. One thing I never liked was how small it was. Even with good eyes back then I had issues with it. Little tiny stuff. Make it visible.

I am not against Garrett units and have had multiple Garrett units in the past. GTAx 750, GTAx550 (wife), and ACE 250. The 750 had tiny display items that were like threading a needle. That unit also had issues with the coil and simply netted me no coins past 3 inches. The Ace 250 was a wee bit better on the display but still bad. I DID find a gold ring with it once. Oh, btw, the ding-dong coin sound is a real let-down when it is junk under the coil.

Will be truly SHOCKED if they do something different beyond slight appearance mods. If by chance they pull off something unique I just may be inclined to try one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RobNC said:

If it is indeed an upgraded "Ace Series" I sure hope they make the display bigger. One thing I never liked was how small it was. Even with good eyes back then I had issues with it. Little tiny stuff. Make it visible.

I am not against Garrett units and have had multiple Garrett units in the past. GTAx 750, GTAx550 (wife), and ACE 250. The 750 had tiny display items that were like threading a needle. That unit also had issues with the coil and simply netted me no coins past 3 inches. The Ace 250 was a wee bit better on the display but still bad. I DID find a gold ring with it once. Oh, btw, the ding-dong coin sound is a real let-down when it is junk under the coil.

Will be truly SHOCKED if they do something different beyond slight appearance mods. If by chance they pull off something unique I just may be inclined to try one.

A big bold display is another easy upgrade. Like you I'm not expecting new detector technology, just way better packaging of what they already have. The Ace models actually detect just fine for the market segment they are intended for. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

A big bold display is another easy upgrade. Like you I'm not expecting new detector technology, just way better packaging of what they already have. The Ace models actually detect just fine for the market segment they are intended for. 

Yes Sir, I seen your post and agreed with you 100%. Wish they wouldn't just pretty something up that already exists. Add something.. anything at this point that might enhance it.

• Like 1