5 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

I like the silver ring once cean it s should be cool

RR

Thank You! The cool silver ring is really gold, the Chesapeake Bay is very hard on it gold. I've even got several 18k gold that was stained. Being in the water here for over a hundred years takes a toll.

The one pictured is 10k and since it has no fineness marks that would put it before 1906, when they passed the Gold stamp act of 1906/07, where all gold and silver had to be marked. (USA) I'm guessing but the ring had the emblem add and they used silver to attach the emblem. Which caused the emblem to turn crusty like silver...Before and after pictures..

OBN-0003 (2).jpg

• Like 8

Just amazing the stuff you find and such a great job of show casing it with the before and after pictures...certainly a motivation for all of us to get out and hunt. I live in the Calif upper delta region and there are lots of old beaches but some are over grown with tules as we have no wave action to speak of. I've been wanting to hit a few places that I've researched but have not yet...so many places and so little time lol. Thanks for posting 

strick

• Like 2

Amazing finds from you again, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Well done on getting out and the finds.  I just came back from 2.5 hours on our beaches at night.  It has been several weeks since I've been out also and it felt good.  What didn't feel so good was the same lack of targets as when I stopped.  I hunt the surf/tide areas and I found less than $1 in change on beaches where I've found hundreds of dollars on in the past.  Now I know even more that lack of targets is not because of hunting pressure but the energy of getting the targets back up on the beach.

• Like 1

Back out Tuesday...One Gold and two silvers...But Monday's storm has changed the way this spots bottom looks. Almost like someone came thru with a huge dredge and removed the sand, In some areas. Just a guess after three hours reconning the spot I would say there was close to 4 foot of sand removed in some area's and others untouched......which I have seen before above water but never this much deep in the water. Unfortunately the little area I could get into held only iron..More time will be needed to see where the sand has gone and search the huge troughs / cuts. 

21cc.jpg

21dd.jpg

• Like 6