20 hours ago, danielbecerra said:

hi Joe, are you diving or walking? I see that you understand seabed to search!

Mostly chest to neck deep... Yes, I watch the bottom very close,  I've been hunting about 10 spots for the last 6 years..... I've taken note of all changes...from day one. I'm still unable to predict, but I am getting better at this slowly. 

• Like 4

In my experience, the direction of the wind and the direction of the sea current have a significant influence on the movement of sand on the sea floor.

Do you usually hunt where the accumulations of all metals are? (lead, iron, coins, silver and gold)

are you wearing nox 800? how is it behaving? take depth

On 4/18/2020 at 8:03 PM, danielbecerra said:

In my experience, the direction of the wind and the direction of the sea current have a significant influence on the movement of sand on the sea floor.

Do you usually hunt where the accumulations of all metals are? (lead, iron, coins, silver and gold)

are you wearing nox 800? how is it behaving? take depth

Modified Minelab Excalibur's,............. Yes, on the direction of the winds and sea currents..then add in the tides, the matrix of the bottom, and direction the beach faces...So many more factors..........  And yes to the concentration of targets. specially out deep....Each beach has different concentration of targets based on there history.. 

Just a idea of one of the 10 spots I hunt...2017 I got over 40 gold rings from this spot. It still gives them up but much harder...Interesting this spot was dredged for gold in the 80's, but yet with all moving around it still has given many gold rings....I'm deleting/removing these files in a week also...

I think the Fisher "AQ" will do well here...

THEN 1950.......................................................AND NOW....2017.....

22829631_1749856055049063_2472773141003899877_o.jpg

OBN0356 (2).jpg

• Like 6

Slipped out yesterday for a few hours. This spot is close to home. A short drive and a walk just a little over a mile to it, most of the walking is in the water so I got my workout, with treasure.

Love this ring, a big surprise when It came up. Nine grams of 14k with a big beautiful red stone. Another surprise was the silver walker, no date. A silver rosey ........... then the two war nickels. Good luck to all and Be Safe!

Gold Ring #39 FTY

21cc.jpg

RD 39.jpg

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Another surprise was the silver walker, no date.

Still counts!  Another example of how brutal the saltwater beach is on silver coins.  Do you think the date was worn off before it found its resting place?  Great finds, as always, and thanks for exciting us with your in focus pictures of the rings.

• Like 1

Gotta love those rings! It amazes me what the saltwater does to silver.

Jim

• Like 1

I really appreciate the Then & Now picture.  It really gives me a good perspective of how you work and the dock areas that are so common to a lot of other river and port type areas.  Great food for thought.  Wish I was ten, ok thirty years younger.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1