How did you clean those rings, they look so shiny after all the corrosion. You did a good job.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 5:43 PM, Whitbey said:

How did you clean those rings, they look so shiny after all the corrosion. You did a good job.

Thanks You!

Some are badly stained so I use Mothers Mag wheel and aluminum polish. Occasionally a very fine SS wire brush mixed with the Mother's using the dremel... Other then that I try and remove the stains only for I like the natural color of them with out to much shine. Also much easier to take pictures when they have the natural look. 

• Like 2

Thanks for these posts Joe.  I appreciate the time and effort.  I'm landlocked but am translating your ocean efforts / methods / ideas to the freshwater areas i have available. 

Rich-

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 10:43 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Mostly chest to neck deep... Yes, I watch the bottom very close,  I've been hunting about 10 spots for the last 6 years..... I've taken note of all changes...from day one. I'm still unable to predict, but I am getting better at this slowly. 

These words from You are encouraging me!

I'm too, looking for a real hunt planning method.

Trough the last ten years I've been able to isolate some hot spots in my coast doing an expensive analysis not only visiting every single Bay or corner, but also diving there with tremendous effort due to the equipment on my back (almost destroyed at 37y.o. age)...

Still remain something to improve, 90%of the time not for my fault, but I'm next to know the potential "shine' bulletin".

I'll be curious and honored to try with somebody from any coast in the world, to test my method with exact spots coordinates.

I only need a zone name to report back news about the area...

• Like 2