What Makes Multi-iq So Good?

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I hope this helps you understand why for me in my soil conditions not wanting to dig a lot of holes in public land I prefer the Multi-IQ detectors.  The $1 coin is a pretty easy coin to ID, small silvers then things heat up even more with the Vanquish really shining over the other detectors in ID capability at depth for me.  The Bug is still a respectable detector for ID of coins.   The Equinox performs similar to the Vanquish although at times I feel the Vanquish gives a more stable ID than the Nox.  I am hiding the EMI issues with the T2 by discriminating out up to near 40 on the ID's, the EMI seems to mostly be below 40, in an area with little to no EMI the T2's ID's improve so even though It's mostly blocked out by discrimination it's still there messing with the ID's in the background.  Once when we had a power outage in the entire area I went out and tested this same deep coin with the T2 and the difference in it's ID capability was very obvious.

I id not pay attention up to now to this MulitIQ ID accuracy at depth feature  . Clearly it can help in a lot of situations when you look for a very specific kind of target , for example big buckles of the 1st WW whose IDs are very different from cartridges , bullets and so on ... . Up to now I was only relying on the audio but the screen ID is much more accurate . Will use this with my Vanquish and will look more at its screen now 🙂… Thanks  a lot 

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

I hope this helps you understand why for me in my soil conditions not wanting to dig a lot of holes in public land I prefer the Multi-IQ detectors.

It does very much, and thank you for the video!

So it seems like it's not just the stable ID numbers that the Multi-IQ provides, but also the ability to get those stable numbers with almost no (or at least a lot less) adjusting of settings compared to a non-Mult-IQ machine.

Thanks again, you've been very helpful in helping me understand the benefits of Miulti-IQ.

• Like 2

In which is better Multi -IQ? .... mainly allows to meet the "one detector setup" and very contradictory detection requirements:

1. excellent sensitivity and ... but at the same time excellent reach for very small, medium, but also larger objects in the field ... On one detection program.

And don't forget the exact ID up to 90% of the maximum Detection depth .. that's based on a certain algorithm to calculate the ID from the different frequency response signals -in the Multy IQ ...

2 ... Excellent separation ,, -.... that cannot be achieved when using low-frequency 5-12 Khz ... detectors ... Because excellent separation requires at least 13-15 KHz .... detector ... and the KHZ will be higher ... it will separate the better detector in the iron.
Multi-IQ can do it on 1 detection program ...- because it works in wide frequency range 7.8hz-39 Khz ...

3. ..Very good work Multi-IQ on various mineralized terrains .. ,,

Why is it essential? .. here's the natural sensitivity of a detectable object to a certain frequency-at which it gives the strongest signal response.

In order to understand why it is necessary to know each conductive low, medium and high conductive object has its best signal response (even 4-7X thing) only within its certain frequency range ...

While on lightly mineralized terrain the detector sees even very weak signals ... and has on those weak signals excellent range .. So ... in difficult mineralized terrain detector sees only those objects that still give a strong enough signal, even though the detection range here will also be lower ..

So ... All objects that give already weak signals .. I will be very weakly detectable in mineralization ,,, in the worst case their detector cannot detect ...

So here multi I-IQ represents a high quality compromise for balanced signal response for detecting various conductive objects ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equinox goes well with my "4x4" field test ... for a wide range of object sizes ... that are buried at boundary depths ..... The test detector has to do it on one program setting ...
And it proves only a few Top detectors ..

IMG_20200329_181024.jpg

IMG_20200329_181036.jpg

IMG_20200329_181054.jpg

IMG_20200329_181103.jpg

• Like 3

First coin found with my Vanquish 540 V12 , it is a hammered coin of the 15th century probably charles VII . I have found it on one of my favorite testing areas .  I have been there dozens of times with several other  detectors so difficult to find new targets here . Actually this is a highly iron trashed area and the Vanquish 540 is not always easy to use there , it a little ( too ) noisy ...

But it works this is the most important , the signal on this little coin ( 0,8grams ) was perfectly clear and I have missed this coin with the other detectors , so good news the 540 can locate very small targets even with the big V12 coil … 🙂  

Sorry the picture quality is not very good because it has been taken at the end of the day ... 

DSC02367.JPG

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 4/12/2020 at 10:10 PM, phrunt said:

The Equinox is a pretty safe bet being an all rounder that has proven itself as a good detector in most scenarios.  Very few VLF detectors hold that title, In fact I can't think of another one.  It's up there with the best gold prospecting VLF's, works exceptionally well in a park scenario and of course one of the few VLF's that work well at the beach in the wet sand, and if you feel like going for a swim you can take it along, it's just so versatile.  Until another manufacturer comes out with a competitive product that's where it stands.  I'd be happy if another manufacturer did come out with something in the near future or even beyond as we need competition if anything to keep pricing reasonable. 

Nokta is working on a multi frequency machine which may come out next year.... I can't wait to see what that will be, I think it'd be great, at least we know so far in features and build quality it will be good, now it's just waiting to see how they do the multi frequency side of it and how competitive that will be.

Minelab have already said they're not releasing anymore single frequency detectors, multi is where the world of detecting is heading, if the other manufacturers are going to stick with single frequency over the coming years I fear they'll be left behind and gradually forgotten about.  Remember Multi-IQ is Minelab's first generation of Multi-IQ technology, I can't wait to see what they come up with in the future based off that technology, I know if a multi-IQ v2 detector hits the market to replace the Nox I'll be buying it, I'd pay for it before even knowing anything about it. 

They've proven they're not going to sit there rehashing old models, they're being innovative, releasing new technologies, possibly some early next year too with 5 new unknown products announced already.  This post may sound very pro Minelab, unfortunately that's reality, as you know I have no bias towards any of these metal detector manufacturers for political reasons, patriotic reasons or any other, I like what works best for me.

I wish Minelab would bring back the Sovereign GT.

Awesome Machine.