What Makes Multi-iq So Good?

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I drag multiple detectors into the field and spend many hours cross checking in real world targets.

nokta-impact-xp-deus-teknetics-g2-minelab-equinox.jpg

OK, I'm probably going off on a tanget (again), but when I looked at the above picture, trying to identify the different detectors, I noticed the Equinox had a white coil attached!  And here many of us have been complaining that there are only three coils for the Equinox.  Have you been withholding information from us??!!!  :laugh:

Violating my prime directive on this endlessly circular thread (where does one hop off?)...

9 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

OK, I'm probably going off on a tanget (again), but when I looked at the above picture, trying to identify the different detectors, I noticed the Equinox had a white coil attached!  And here many of us have been complaining that there are only three coils for the Equinox.  Have you been withholding information from us??!!!  :laugh:

I questioned this in 2018:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

As Chase has already pointed out that was back when I was prototype testing, and so that coil is a pre-production coil, as is the detector. Notice the black and gray handle, lack of model designation....

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

nokta-impact-xp-deus-teknetics-g2-minelab-equinox.jpg

Steve on this pic the Deus is fiited with a big 12inches coil . Did you test the Deus with the smaller 9inches round coil ? I just say this because the Deus is much more often used over here with a 9i round rather than the 12i .  The Deus 9coil has a much better iron separation than the 12i coil …  And unfortunately there is no 9inches coil available for the Equinox … , just a 6i coil but this it is very small and it is limited to narrow areas , even if it works very well .. 

DSC02362.JPG

8 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Steve on this pic the Deus is fiited with a big 12inches coil . Did you test the Deus with the smaller 9inches round coil ? I just say this because the Deus is much more often used over here with a 9i round rather than the 12i .  The Deus 9coil has a much better iron separation than the 12i coil …  And unfortunately there is no 9inches coil available for the Equinox … , just a 6i coil but this it is very small and it is limited to narrow areas , even if it works very well .. 

DSC02362.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, palzynski said:

I was trying to test apples to apples, same coil sizes as much as was practical. The Deus is a great detector, no doubt about it. I'm not trying to sell anyone on the Equinox, just explaining why it works for me, that's all. If I was to get another Deus/ORX it would be with the 9" HF coil.

• Like 2

Yes Steve I understand better now ,  you use the Equinox for nugget hunting and beach hunting , in addition to coin/relic hunting. And I am ( and unfortunately 🙂 ) only a coin/relic hunter .  Then for example I have never used the beach modes or the gold modes of the Equinox during a whole year of detection with the 800. 

Actually I bought the Equinox only because of its high depth performances on coins in low/medium iron trashed areas and I was happy with that . Now I have the Vanquish 540 that has almost the same perfos on coins with a simplified list of functions that perfectly suit to me for what I am doing ( coin hunting ) and I am also very happy with it ...

So to answer mh9162013 ,  you must exactly know what you will do with your detector before buying it , searching for nuggets in hot ground is not be the same as searching for coins in mild soil , not the same as beach hunting , not the same as cache hunting and so on …

And clearly I agree  there are very few detectors that cover such a wide range of detecting activities like the Equinox ...

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, palzynski said:

So to answer mh9162013 ,  you must exactly know what you will do with your detector before buying it , searching for nuggets in hot ground is not be the same as searching for coins in mild soil , not the same as beach hunting , not the same as cache hunting and so on …

Sure, but the question remains, "why?"

Knowing the why is like knowing how to fish. As opposed to every time you're hungry, asking someone to give you some fish to eat.

So I can say, "I want to search _________." Then you, Steve or some other expert make a good recommendation. That's great and for some people, that's enough. For me, I want to understand why Widget A was recommended over Widget B, as opposed to just accepting the recommendation and going on my merry way.