Another Old Button But Made From Cincinnati Maker

Keep in mind I'm in MA. This button is made in Cincinnati. Other buttons I found in the area were all made in CT. Don't know much about it.

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

• Like 5

Buddy found it, was a post office button. Found this bit of info on the different ones they had:

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/129951-u-s-post-office-buttons-through-the-age

But I don't see any thing on date ranges of the different styles. This has a period after each letter.

• Like 2

Kac, That's an awesome button!! There is nothing in the world that's better than finding something that was long forgotten. Tell your buddy great job and I hope he's part of the forum. Maybe a dog tore it off his uniform Ha Ha , my dogs hate the mailman.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kac said:

But I don't see any thing on date ranges of the different styles. This has a period after each letter.

After looking at the button it is my opinion that it is mid 1920's. Should you look at the center button of fig 3 you will notice that it is the same as yours.

https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-history/letter-carrier-buttons.pdf

After talking with friends who collect these type of buttons they also agree that it is from that era, because they were mass produced at that time. Due to the look and detail still on it is the second reason they say it is when it was made.

Very few of them left in such good condition, and it should clean up nicely.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dogodog said:

my dogs hate the mailman.

My little dog likes them medium rare while chasing them.

• Haha 1

Funny about the dog comment, I was going to post that the leg should have a small dog attached at the ankle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1