He Is Risen And His Cross Was Found

Nice cross, since it is 10k I would believe that they put some chip diamonds in it. They are not worth much about the same as industrial use diamonds.

• Like 2

Nice "out of the park" hit. 👀

I did similar yesterday scoring a 1914 Buff a few feet over the outfield fence at an old softball field.

• Like 2

Nice find. Good you could get out. It's snowing right now in northern Michigan.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

the football field and baseball fields I normally frequent were all chained off. So, I had to get creative. I detected around the outside of one of the diamonds and ran the 15" Equinox coil over this recent drop. I would not have seen it just walking past it, so I still count it as a find even though no dirt was dug.

6 hours ago, Jackpine said:

I did similar yesterday scoring a 1914 Buff a few feet over the outfield fence at an old softball field.

You guys are killing me!  Since the stay-at-home situation began I've been walking (allowed for exercise) and realized that a baseball field that is normally locked has its bullpen (for those not familiar with baseball, it's the area where substitute pitchers=throwers warm up) outside the locked fence.  It's also pretty remote compared to the walking paths, so even now with lots of extra walkers & runners it's unlikely that I'll interfere with anyone's exercise or even be noticed.  Ditto outside the outfield fence.  I've been avoiding going in solidarity, but I don't know how much longer I can resist.

AMW, if you go dectecting, anything you find counts in my book.  I (and I'm sure everyone) has found 'sunbakers' where just my eyes were involved, regardless digging/not.  Sounds like your Eqx + 15" inch coil called your attention to it.  Nice chain and cross!

P.S.  I assume you gave your Carrot a bath.  The only time mine looks like that is after a good cleaning, and it doesn't stay that way for long.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Nice find. Good you could get out. It's snowing right now in northern Michigan.

Well, here in FL we are well into the "hot" season. Temp was 90 yesterday and today's dew point is 72. I feel for those in colder climates and can remember those days well in Utah when I knew there was a quarter under the ground, but the ground was frozen. I don't miss the cracking hands and the numb fingers and toes. 

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

AMW, if you go dectecting, anything you find counts in my book.  I (and I'm sure everyone) has found 'sunbakers' where just my eyes were involved, regardless digging/not.  Sounds like your Eqx + 15" inch coil called your attention to it.  Nice chain and cross!

P.S.  I assume you gave your Carrot a bath.  The only time mine looks like that is after a good cleaning, and it doesn't stay that way for long.

Thanks 🙂 Here in FL the ground is so sandy that there is not much to stick to the carrot. It has also been very dry recently, so even the sand doesn't stick to it.

• Like 1

I like it.    

Is the cross hollow or solid?     If its hollow that would make a good test piece as gold crosses are normally hard to find due to their angularity and low conductivity.  

HH
Mike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

I like it.    

Is the cross hollow or solid?     If its hollow that would make a good test piece as gold crosses are normally hard to find due to their angularity and low conductivity.  

HH
Mike

The cross is kind of like a tray that is holding some sort of metal that the gems are inset into. It's almost like solder was poured around the gems and it is holding them in. I have not seen something like it before. 

Nice cross and chain. I have hound a few small gold crosses with my Nox. Nothing too deep, only a few inches.

I'm in Florida too!

• Like 1