Hello From Chicago!

BlueHuntsCoins

Hello from Chicago! I'm Blue and I just started metal detecting last December and it's been great. I'm still learning a lot about my machines and having a grand time with them. Unfortunately, it's not going too great outside right now so I guess it's the best time to do research for new spots. 🙂🙃 Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone! 

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum blue!!!  Lots of good info and people here on DP. Looking forward to seeing some of your finds, Good Luck

• Like 1

Hey, thanks, Dogodog! Nice handle by the way. Lol I've found a few nice ones in Chicago parks that I might share soon. Thanks again and stay safe. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kac said:

Welcome to the forums. You do any water hunting there?

Thanks! Not that I have yet. The closest is probably the beaches, not in the water. 

19 hours ago, BlueHuntsCoins said:

Hello from Chicago!

Welcome to the forum and stay safe up there.

I live south of Springfield and know how rough that area is.

Isherwood beach a friend has found several rings and a lot of coins in knee deep water. I don't know what part of the area you live in so I really can't tell you of a good place to hunt up there.

Good luck and stay away from the south side.

7 hours ago, 2Valen said:

Welcome to the forum and stay safe up there.

I live south of Springfield and know how rough that area is.

Isherwood beach a friend has found several rings and a lot of coins in knee deep water. I don't know what part of the area you live in so I really can't tell you of a good place to hunt up there.

Good luck and stay away from the south side.

Thanks, 2Valen! Yeah, it's crazy and surreal how it is here. I decided to not go metal detecting and I'm itching for it. Oh well, it's better to keep the family safe during this time. 

Cool, I'll look up that beach and see if I could go there when it gets safer. I live in the city so most my hunts are in city parks, beaches and the occasional home garden permissions. Thanks again! 

Welcome aboard Blue. My wife and I Love the Navy Pier and Museum there. 

Best of luck out there and stay safe!

Heya Blue.

Welcome aboard!