Simplex Software Update - Update

2 hours ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

Update is final! Should be up tonight according to their Facebook page. Yay! Something to do. 

Link to update info and download

Software Update

• Like 1

I think most will be very happy to update the Simplex. Simplex owners now get a free upgrade that turns the original into a much better machine without having to buy a new detector to upgrade.

Will update mine on Sat.

Happy Hunting

• Like 1

C.R.A.P. 

Can’t Run Any Program update unless you have windows!

My wife got a new desktop but no windows.

The only thing around here that’s got windows is my house.

Chuck 

XP, Minelab, Nokta - all these updateable detectors have always and will always continue to use Windows and typically do not support any other OS.  If you are a detectorist and want to make sure you can upgrade your detector, gotta keep a cheap Windows 10 laptop or desktop around even if your household goes to Mac, Linix, Chrome or whatever.

You can get a super cheap used laptop running Windows 10 off ebay for around $50 to $200.

• Thanks 1

I just bought a used Dell D630 laptop on eBay with built in DVD recorder for $65. I got it mainly as a dedicated gaming device for the one and only computer game I ever play, a DOS based oldie that runs better on old hardware. Plus I like playing with computers anyway, my other toys outside of metal detecting.

I also run Windows as a dual boot setup on my Mac Air, but you can usually buy a complete used Windows laptop for less than the cost of a Windows license.

• Like 2

When I first bought my Simplex+ I had trouble registering it online.  I contacted Nokta and told them of my problem.  In the same email I said that it was a pity that updates could only be done in a Windows platform.  They told me there would be an iOS ability in the near future.  Given the world situation, it may take a little longer than they had anticipated.  I use a friend’s laptop to update my Nox’s and will have to do the same with the Simplex until the alternative is launched.  I could buy a cheap laptop but, that would use money I would prefer to spend on detecting gear.  My pension penny has to be turned over three times before I spend it. 😁😁😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phoenix50 said:

When I first bought my Simplex+ I had trouble registering it online.  I contacted Nokta and told them of my problem.  In the same email I said that it was a pity that updates could only be done in a Windows platform.  They told me there would be an iOS ability in the near future.  Given the world situation, it may take a little longer than they had anticipated.  I use a friend’s laptop to update my Nox’s and will have to do the same with the Simplex until the alternative is launched.  I could buy a cheap laptop but, that would use money I would prefer to spend on detecting gear.  My pension penny has to be turned over three times before I spend it. 😁😁😁

iOS  - So they are going to allow their detectors to be upgraded by iPhones?  Wonder how they are going to that, with some sort of phone app, I suppose.  Would be cool if they could do it with and Android phone, too.