Hello i was wondering if some of you have read anything about this mod .

I heard about it twice From France both were the Voltages has been cranked up and maybe some internal mod.

The G2/GBP work well on sand not deep but it work,modded it apparently become better on beaches littered with Iron...

RR

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The detectors are voltage regulated so it would take more than just a more powerful battery. I’m skeptical. Boosting PI batteries is common since they often lack a voltage regulator, but it is almost never done on VLF detectors.

I know Steve thats why i m curious but it has been done on a GMAXX POWER as well,LEJaG had one....

RR

Teknetics G2 ... I think I have 2 separate power circuits per battery ... / Fisher / Teknetics construction solution / .. and in some of its detectors also uses 2 x 9V batteries to power each circuit separately ... / Fisher GoldBug2 /

so:

The circuit/ N.1/ is a separate and voltage "stabilized" power supply to the electronics of the detector itself.

.The circuit/N.2/ is a separate power supply for the audio signal ...

So .. at a certain drop in battery voltage, the detector will still process and correctly detect / circuit 1 / ,, but its audio output / circuit 2 / will be very quiet ... and inaudible.

This is more likely to occur when detected in the winter weather ..- when the battery voltage or 9V battery drops faster under low-temperature..

According to me, the "15 Volt Tuning" power supply  Mod ...for Tek.G2 may be the target of the amplification of the audio output signal ... in circuit 2 / Audio signal output / ..., while in circuit 1 / stabilized supply of detection electronics / is still secured by voltage regulator ...

I'm going to have to test it myself and test it for in-depth tests ... -but, according to me, the electronics should work safely up to 15 volts....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

Teknetics G2 ... I think I have 2 separate power circuits per battery ... / Fisher / Teknetics construction solution / .. and in some of its detectors also uses 2 x 9V batteries to power each circuit separately ... / Fisher GoldBug2 /

so:

The circuit/ N.1/ is a separate and voltage "stabilized" power supply to the electronics of the detector itself.

So .. at a certain drop in battery voltage, the detector will still process and correctly detect / circuit 1 / ,, but its audio output / circuit 2 / will be very quiet ... and inaudible.

This is more likely to occur when detected in the winter weather ..- when the battery voltage or 9V battery drops faster under low-temperature..

According to me, the "15 Volt Tuning" power supply  Mod ...for Tek.G2 may be the target of the amplification of the audio output signal ... in circuit 2 / Audio signal output / ..., while in circuit 1 / stabilized supply of detection electronics / is still secured by voltage regulator ...

I'm going to have to test it myself and test it for in-depth tests ... -but, according to me, the electronics should work safely up to 15 volts....

I ll try to gather more infos on my side..

RR

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

so:

Very interesting. An old Gold Bug 2 (the GB2 uses two 9V batteries) trick involved the fact that the detector could actually run off one battery. So one battery supplied both the detector circuit and audio. The other battery apparently supplied just the detector circuit but not the audio? If you lost a battery you could run the detector on one by placing it in the appropriate slot. Or, when the detector ran “dead”, swapping battery locations would add extra hours.

Seems that dual power circuit scheme carried over into the single battery design.

• Like 2

The Fisher F2/F4 shares some of these characteristics, too. Most of the electronics is powered from a regulated voltage derived from (9V+9V)=18V , but the audio stage is run off a single 9V. So weak audio but fully functional detector is common ...

• Like 3

At home I tried Tek .G2 ..probably .test to 14V mode /10X1.4Volt  AA NIMH accumulator/  ..on  and I immediately compared it with the range to 9V ..

I can confirm that the audible range of the detector increases ... in the test I used a small 3.5x 6.5 "coil Nel Snake ..

Teknetics G2 in the test had a sensitivity of 100 .... and discrimination at 39 ..

The range to 0.1 grams of gold was increased from 7cm to 8cm

The range to 0.5 grams of gold increased from 13cm to 14cm ..

Coin range has been increased by approximately 1 to 1.5cm ...

I think increasing the reach on such a small coil is generally not bad ..

Let's see how the detector on the 13 "ultimate coil in field tests will reach ...
But now I can say that this 14V mode I will normally use ...

The 14 volt detector works steadily .. and so far I see no problem .. in the correct function of the detector..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I will try to use 10x AA alkaline cells that should be equal to 15 Volts Mod ... and verify that it will work properly....👍

IMG_20200417_012052.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2020 at 12:48 AM, EL NINO77 said:

At home I tried Tek .G2 ..probably .test to 14V mode /10X1.4Volt  AA NIMH accumulator/  ..on  and I immediately compared it with the range to 9V ..

I can confirm that the audible range of the detector increases ... in the test I used a small 3.5x 6.5 "coil Nel Snake ..

Teknetics G2 in the test had a sensitivity of 100 .... and discrimination at 39 ..

The range to 0.1 grams of gold was increased from 7cm to 8cm

The range to 0.5 grams of gold increased from 13cm to 14cm ..

Coin range has been increased by approximately 1 to 1.5cm ...

I think increasing the reach on such a small coil is generally not bad ..

Let's see how the detector on the 13 "ultimate coil in field tests will reach ...
But now I can say that this 14V mode I will normally use ...

The 14 volt detector works steadily .. and so far I see no problem .. in the correct function of the detector..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I will try to use 10x AA alkaline cells that should be equal to 15 Volts Mod ... and verify that it will work properly....👍

Any updates on the test??????? i may deduct mine for some coin shooting on local beaches.........

RR

...I tried a 14 Volt NI-MH battery mode on the test field ... with a 13 "Ultimate coil ... I would say that in the discrimination mode the detection depth with ID did not increase - but you get a louder, sharper signal ... You get much better results in Allmetal where the detection signal is stronger as well as deeper ...

Testing was temporary and fast ... but I decided to finally adjust the detector to 15Vold mod .. but with some other adjustments ...👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1