Pine Plantation Gold

I have two or three scoops in the gear bag, but as I usually just put it in the cargo pants leg pocket, I don't bother with lanyards or string with a clip - but it still falls on me to remember to slip it in the pocket in the first place! The thing I always do forget is my mini tripod!! But I very rarely go out with the intention of filming, so have to make do with what's available. I have a couple times managed to successfully tape my camera (i.e. phone) to a conveniently hanging branch which works great as long as it isn't windy! 

Good stuff, Nenad! I like the thin, cornflake nugget in Part 2.

• Like 1

Thanks Lunk. I have dug other cornflake nuggets over the years, even one not too far away with the 5000 and old 18" mono, but with the GPZ they are very common up there. A few have also fallen victim to the 14x9" Evo in more recent years - something about the flat wound elliptical that really sniffs out flat thin pieces. 

5000 14x9 evo.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Nenad 

I did quite a lot of detecting in pine forest around Bathurst in NSW. Its really nice how the coil glides over the needles. It's also dark and eerie when in the older growth and the cold wind howels as it blows through the tree's.

Much different to all of our other types of terrain. I cleaned up in one spot where they had graded all of the drift mining piles flat.

Your video brings back memories, thanks for posting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, definitely has an eerie feel when the sun is going down, but I love it out there.