Best Coin Shooter For Middle Tennessee?

Ok, so much for me recommending the Nox which I have used successfully in the hottest dirt I have encountered in Culpeper, VA and hot dirt up in PA (but I think I remember your issues with an unusual layered hot soil type you encountered in your area).  I also like the XP Orx in hot dirt unless you can afford the Deus, using the 9" HF or 9" X35 coil.

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

Ok, so much for me recommending the Nox which I have used successfully in the hottest dirt I have encountered in Culpeper, VA and hot dirt up in PA (would be interested in knowing what didn't work so well).  I also like the XP Orx in hot dirt unless you can afford the Deus, using the 9" HF or 9" X35 coil.

It also could have been me moving from Illinois to Tn recently and I was just thrown off due to detector acting differently than it used to. It also could be that is was defective in some way. I just want to make sure I have the best detector for my area when I purchase my replacement this week.

Even if it isn't under warranty it should be worth just getting it repaired.

• Like 1

All Equinoxes are still under warranty since it has been less than 3 years since they were released.  The only question is whether the physical damage due to the car wreck voids the warranty.  But I agree, with kac that it may worth it to repair even if not covered, especially if it is just physical damage to the rod/stem for which there are plenty of great aftermarket replacements that are better than the factory parts.

• Like 2

I ran over one of my Equinox, crushed the rod and distorted the faceplate away from the body. Replaced the rod and used a clamp and super glue to bend the faceplate back to the housing. Had to glue the headphones back together also. Amazing stuff super glue! :smile: Still going strong a year later.

The only alternative I would consider would be a Minelab GPX since in my opinion an Equinox is going to handle bad ground about as well as any VLF. If you are gutsy there is the new Tarsacci... good reports on it, but it is not an easy machine to learn.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1