Forum Friend To All Has Passed

Condolences to his family and friends.  I really enjoyed reading Fred's posts and I'll miss his wisdom.

• Like 3

I'm deeply saddened by this news, He seemed like a very nice and genuine person. His comments and opinions will be missed. Please pass on my sincere condolences to the family. If there is anything the family needs, Please reach out. If there is a place were we can send something, please post so we can let his family know how much he was loved and appreciated here on this forum. My heart is heavy and may god bless him and his family.

• Like 5

I just spoke with Fred a couple of days ago.  He was asking me about the QED.  Someone on the east coast was using it for a relic detector.  I tried to call him this morning.

I've had many good chats with Fred over the years.  Last year I went with my wife and son to visit Fred in San Diego.   He gave me his Australia maps before my trip to Australia.  He LOVED Australia and I'm sure much of his spirit is in WA now.

I'll miss Fred.

Mitchel

• Like 8

I'm shocked and saddened.  I always enjoyed our exchanges on the forum especially in regards to the GPX.  He was knowledgeable and respectful of all points of view and freely shared his vast experience equally to newcomers and veterans to the hobby.  Safe home to Fred and my condolences to his family.

• Like 5

To those of us who knew Fred only through this forum and his writings in the ICMJ, it's still a huge and unexpected loss.  I can't imagine how those close to him feel.  My sympathy to them.

I found Fred's postings and particularly his answers to questions both sincere and honest.  He had a soft way of delivering a strong answer.  Of all the posters here who I've wanted to meet in person, he was in the top 5 on the list.

• Like 9

O Shit so bad ,it seems like a very nice guy!

RIP Fred condoleances to his family😞

RR

• Like 1

Aah man, really sad to hear that! he was a good guy, and I enjoyed his posts and info. He'll definitely be missed.

Jim

• Like 1